WiFi

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gamartinez67

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 8.7
Is there a way to link the WiFi signal from your cell phone to use in my 2020 Dodge Ram Limited 4x4? Please advise I would really appreciate it...Thank You!

TestPilot57

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
What do you mean by "use in"?

Maybe it matters which option you have the 5.x vs 8.x vs 12.x U-connect system, but my 8.4 system connects to iPhone's CarPlay or the Android Auto for Pandora, Text Messaging, Navigation and who knows what else.

jejb

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
What do you mean by "use in"?
Good question. I use my phones wifi hotspot in my truck to keep my computer connected to the internet all the time. What is it you want to use the connection for?

BTW, there is no such thing as a 2020 Dodge Ram. Ram is its own brand these days.

OP
OP
gamartinez67

gamartinez67

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 8.7
Good question. I use my phones wifi hotspot in my truck to keep my computer connected to the internet all the time. What is it you want to use the connection for?

BTW, there is no such thing as a 2020 Dodge Ram. Ram is its own brand these days.
Im sorry by (use in) i mean link my phone wifi signal to my truck. But it does not link to phone i tried everything. Ever sense i let go of of uconnct system they want me to pay over $200 im talking about the 1 year free trial.My Navigation does not work the same but it says i have maps navigation and weather travel for 5 years but not working on my Ram as it did before i have to use my phone for all of that now.For internet it says i have to purchase AT&T Wifi for my truck...WTH! Does Ram and AT&T have something going on or what? Why cant your phone internet just be linked to you truck like most other cars and trucks can with other models.

Last edited:

jejb

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Im sorry by (use in) i mean link my phone wifi signal to my truck. But it does not link to phone i tried everything. Ever sense i let go of of uconnct system they want me to pay over $200 im talking about the 1 year free trial.My Navigation does not work the same but it says i have maps navigation and weather travel for 5 years but not working on my Ram as it did before i have to use my phone for all of that now.For internet it says i have to purchase AT&T Wifi for my truck...WTH! Does Ram and AT&T have something going on or what? Why cant your phone internet just be linked to you truck like most other cars and trucks can with other models.
Wow, response 10 months later. You have been struggling this for a while! Why do you want to link your phones wifi (via hotspot, I presume) to your truck? What would that provide you?

I may be missing something here, but I do not pay anything per month for any uConnect service, and all the functions work, including nav.

CanRebel

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi

Don't know about the 5 year thing you are talking about.

The 1 year service from SiriusXM Guardian expired, which is why your Navigation is different. It will work, but doesn't give you live updates, etc...
Most people just use their phone. google maps, or apple maps, or some other external device.

The internet part is different. That would be using "cell sim" built in the truck, which is AT&T. You don't need this at all. If you want give others in your truck internet. Just turn phone's hotspot on.

Not sure what other cars/trucks you have purchased, but this same thing for all ones I've purchased in last 10 years.