Window Sweeps

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

shedkept

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Purchased new sweeps from a vendor. They were a bit too long but the real issue is that the clips are NOT made like
the originals which have teeth on the center leg that grabs the metal where these things are inserted. If you've removed original ones you know they do not give up easily.
Vendor said he'd never had a complaint but a video Ovens Garage on YouTube debunked that because he had the same issue.
My sidekick and I created teeth by using a pair of wire cutters. Pinching the middle leg distorted it to create a "tooth" on both sides. As for the ones on the end I had saved my old ones and transferred the longest one to the furthest outboard clip location. It's locked in good now. If McMaster has anything like these I'd take the time to replace them all but this one is the big offender. The reproduction sweeps will pull out when the window is raised. If someone is familiar with a better part I'd like t know about it but the vendor I got mine from said the same people make them all.

Sweep Clip copy.jpg

OP
OP
S

shedkept

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
This is why they don't catch and I've manipulated this one with a pair of HD wire cutters to have some bite!Currently Available Sweeps - Inferior Clip - NO BITE.jpg

OP
OP
S

shedkept

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
This is what they need to look like. This is an original sweep I'm pirating parts off of.
Original Clip WITH BITE 2.jpg