Window Tint

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CincyCuda68

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
i used to tint windows in a shop back in the 80’s and haven’t really done it since then. My question is what is a quality tint manufacturer these days and what do you use to install these days?

I can’t remember the tint we used to use but I do remember we used EZSlide to apply the film.

WilliamS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Im super old school and still use baby soap and water, use 3M films.

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
My tint guy still uses 3M film.

WTM75

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Is LLumar film good? It seems to be what most most of the guys around me use. Suntek is another one I see frequently. Are these any good?

Quick_Shifter

IG: @ak_trucks_pa
Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7
Johnson films

OP
OP
CincyCuda68

CincyCuda68

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I think I’ll go with 3m, the name I know.

Dinky

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I think I’ll go with 3m, the name I know.

If it worked back then it will work now. Also if your going to do it yourself. Just go to a tint shop and ask what they recommend and have them cut off a few pieces.

JohnnyMac

There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500 Laramie
Engine
3.0 EcoBurner
I did all of my cars when I was a kid, so I figured I'd apply it to my new Ram. I bought some of the "pre-cut" pieces off of Amazon and holy chit! I used every foul word in the book, many twice and at different octaves and ultimately the only real satisfaction I got was when I violently wadded up the mess I had made. I had wrinkles, kinks, sticking to itself..... I'm gonna pay to have someone do it when I get around to it trying it again. That I can do.

OP
OP
CincyCuda68

CincyCuda68

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I’ve done it hundreds of times so I’m confident I will have no problems. I just haven’t done it in 30 years so needed help with a good brand of film.

Ya know 30 years ago Milwaukee made good tools now it’s just Chinese crap and so on and so on. So just needed a point in the right direction.

Thank you all for the help, should be tinting the fronts in a week or two!

Dinky

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I’ve done it hundreds of times so I’m confident I will have no problems. I just haven’t done it in 30 years so needed help with a good brand of film.

Ya know 30 years ago Milwaukee made good tools now it’s just Chinese crap and so on and so on. So just needed a point in the right direction.

Thank you all for the help, should be tinting the fronts in a week or two!

Milwaukee made bullet proof tools back then. I have a few of my grandpas tools and they still work like new.

OP
OP
CincyCuda68

CincyCuda68

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Milwaukee made bullet proof tools back then. I have a few of my grandpas tools and they still work like new.
I still have sawzall and a right angle drill from ‘67. They still work but all metal bodies and no ground lol. Now Milwaukee is just Chinese garbage made by TTI industries a Chinese conglomerate, Ryobi is one of their other brands. It’s just sad.

OP
OP
CincyCuda68

CincyCuda68

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I did all of my cars when I was a kid, so I figured I'd apply it to my new Ram. I bought some of the "pre-cut" pieces off of Amazon and holy chit! I used every foul word in the book, many twice and at different octaves and ultimately the only real satisfaction I got was when I violently wadded up the mess I had made. I had wrinkles, kinks, sticking to itself..... I'm gonna pay to have someone do it when I get around to it trying it again. That I can do.
It’s all about getting everything crazy clean, soak the hell out of the film and the window and squeegee from the center out. Then don’t roll your windows down for 24-48 hours if it’s hot out or up to 7 days in winter. It’s really not that hard, just be patient and work slowly.

JohnnyMac

There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500 Laramie
Engine
3.0 EcoBurner
It’s all about getting everything crazy clean, soak the hell out of the film and the window and squeegee from the center out. Then don’t roll your windows down for 24-48 hours if it’s hot out or up to 7 days in winter. It’s really not that hard, just be patient and work slowly.

Key word..."patient" lol.

Dinky

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I still have sawzall and a right angle drill from ‘67. They still work but all metal bodies and no ground lol. Now Milwaukee is just Chinese garbage made by TTI industries a Chinese conglomerate, Ryobi is one of their other brands. It’s just sad.

yeah they are great i have a skill saw and a sawzall cant break them. new stuff works good tons of power but 1 drop or hard hit its garbage triggers and contactor just ****. well let us know what you install for tint i am going to do mine soon as well. going to do the front 2 windows and the top 6in of my windshield. i have never done it but watched a bunch of videos so at least i am youtube certified.

RamHemi2500

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 ram 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
My tint guy uses Lumar tint. Lifetime warranty on fading or bubbling if installed by a Lunar dealer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
CincyCuda68

CincyCuda68

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
My tint guy uses Lumar tint. Lifetime warranty on fading or bubbling if installed by a Lunar dealer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Lumar, that’s what we used to use back in the day.

wallacemf

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
2500 4x4 Hemi 6.4
The tint shop I use only uses Lumar as well, he does homes, offices and storefronts with it as well. Swears by it and gives a lifetime warranty.