Winter in Ohio

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2010 Infantry Vet

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Let us know how they handle in the snow. I have heard Goodyear duracraps are good in the snow. Especially after they look like 1980’s rear wheel drive snow tires. Lol.

OP
OP
BOWERSFJ

BOWERSFJ

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Let us know how they handle in the snow. I have heard Goodyear duracraps are good in the snow. Especially after they look like 1980’s rear wheel drive snow tires. Lol.

This will be my 4th Winter with this set ... Still 50% tread left ... They have been great in the dry and wet ... Awesome in the snow ... And better than average on ice ... Just gettin to old to switch em myself ... Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Addicted2fishing

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7

Hey! Feels like I haven’t seen you on here on a while!

I had the duratracs and they were pretty decent in the snow. We had some deep stuff and my truck was basically a tank. Now, in 2wd it was useless. But 4wd a tank. I just had cooper discoverer AT3 XLT tires installed and from what ive read they are pretty good.

Ice is the real ******. Unless running a true dedicated snow tire anything is useless on the ice but even then it’s sketchy at best.

JB1

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Is winter weather coming to Ohio this soon?....I’m in Texas and it was 94 yesterday lol

Addicted2fishing

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
Is winter weather coming to Ohio this soon?....I’m in Texas and it was 94 yesterday lol

Be quiet. I hope you stub your toe today! Just joking. Yeahs she’s just around the corner in these parts too.... I hate it.

Reactions: JB1

regal81455

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
It was 77 where I'm at in IL yesterday but know the feeling. It will change overnight, always does. We are down to two seasons here now - winter and construction lol.

OP
OP
BOWERSFJ

BOWERSFJ

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi

I’ve waited till first week of Nov before, and regretted it ... I wash up the Summer wheels and tires before I put em away, and that’s no fun in the cold ... 70 and sunny ... The beer tasted good

Reactions: JB1

rule18

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Rebel
My outlaws live in Cleveland, we shoot across from NY to OH a few times a year. I don't mind the snow and the truck does great, but that lake effect $hit you guys have out there sux...

OP
OP
BOWERSFJ

BOWERSFJ

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
My outlaws live in Cleveland, we shoot across from NY to OH a few times a year. I don't mind the snow and the truck does great, but that lake effect $hit you guys have out there sux...

Just east if the lake gets drilled ... Buffalo like snows

rule18

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Rebel
Just east if the lake gets drilled ... Buffalo like snows

Oh yeah, been there for that... Good times, lol.

rule18

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Rebel
I LOVE anchor bar wings. We will go to the US just for that

Been there too... We're not in Buffalo, but I have friends up there. What a mess, they get hit hard.

Murdock188

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 classic
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I live downwind of lake Ontario north of Syracuse NY, we get snow by the foot here lol sometimes 3-4 ft at a time. Just put fallen wildpeak AT3W on my truck because of the 3 peak snow rating of them, we will see how they do this winter.

2010 Infantry Vet

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hey! Feels like I haven’t seen you on here on a while!

I had the duratracs and they were pretty decent in the snow. We had some deep stuff and my truck was basically a tank. Now, in 2wd it was useless. But 4wd a tank. I just had cooper discoverer AT3 XLT tires installed and from what ive read they are pretty good.

Ice is the real ******. Unless running a true dedicated snow tire anything is useless on the ice but even then it’s sketchy at best.

I have been busy building a new fab shop. Please make sure to do a snow review on the AT3’s vs Duratracs this winter. Curious to see how they compare.

Addicted2fishing

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
I have been busy building a new fab shop. Please make sure to do a snow review on the AT3’s vs Duratracs this winter. Curious to see how they compare.

That’s no excuse!

I’m curious as well. The duratracs were decent in 4x4. 2wd not the greatest. Wet not the greatest.

So far these have better wet traction and quieter. I’m really impressed so far.

2010 Infantry Vet

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
That’s no excuse!

I’m curious as well. The duratracs were decent in 4x4. 2wd not the greatest. Wet not the greatest.

So far these have better wet traction and quieter. I’m really impressed so far.

I’m having trouble finding a transport company to bring my ram down to NC. I got quotes from $600-$1100. Hoping my old neighbor who owns a repo business can haul it down for me for around $600.

Addicted2fishing

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
I’m having trouble finding a transport company to bring my ram down to NC. I got quotes from $600-$1100. Hoping my old neighbor who owns a repo business can haul it down for me for around $600.

Get on a cheap flight and drive it down?