Wiring harness or just loc

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

romeyjuice

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Classic
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Just curious to see what others would do. I am getting ready to install the sub I had in my 16 express into my 19 Classic Big Horn I have now. Question is would you buy a harness like the one on net audio that I believe will be about 130 dollars with shipping and with the loc or just get a loc and tap into the speaker wires. Seems that most are tapping into the rear speaker wires on the drivers side. The 16 I had, I changed out the radio and it had sub outputs but now I have the 8.4 with no outputs so things were simpler on the 16 to me because I have never dealt with a loc before. If I go with just the loc is tapping the rear driver speaker the best location to do that. Thoughts appreciated. Thanks

Reese324

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
He I 5.7
From my personal experience, just tap into the rear wires. I had a netaudio harness, and it gave my truck fits. I could have got a bad one, but i had problem after problem with it. My truck 16 bighorn, was throwing codes like crazy. I removed it, and wired it the old way, problems solved.

OP
OP
romeyjuice

romeyjuice

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Classic
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks, not far from this project, good to hear your experience before spending 130 dollars compared to 25 dollars or so.

Neil Proulx

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
i have the Netaudio wiring harness, although it is a great product, and Paul(from netaudio) was helpful, helping me set the PAC unit up. it was NOT cheap at all getting it to Toronto Canada.
do yourself a world of good. and get a LC2i. i have used a cheap LOC from walmart, the LP7 from pac, and now have upgraded to audio control. the LC2i is by far the best of the 3.

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
This all also depends on amplifiers, some can handle direct speaker level in, so no need for an LOC.