wont start after rolled

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Helton87

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
i am new to the forum, and im wondering if anybody knows how to fix my problem. i have an 03 1500 that my brother rolled, after he rolled it he said it started but ran like crap. he found an 02 with a bad engine so we swapped the motors out and now it wont start, it will crank over and try to start but then it back fires through the intake and killes it, it only hits once or twice before it back fires. i have checked the timing and everything is sitting where it is supposed to be, and i have changed the cps (cam position sensor) and still nothing. thanks!

OP
OP
H

Helton87

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
thats what i was thinking too but i checked it and it is perfect, my boss just told me that maybe with all of the oil on the top of the motor it may have gotten one of the intake valves stuck open.

OP
OP
H

Helton87

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
any body else have any ideas?

KGBIGCOUNTRY

Reaction score
Ram Year
2004 RCSB/2005 QCSB
Engine
5.7 / 5.7
Do a cylinder leak down and compression check, could be bent valves

OP
OP
H

Helton87

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
the heads are on the way to a local machine shop to get checked out.

daggertats

Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 ram reg cab 4x4
Engine
is there a fuel pump shut off in case of a crash? wifes escape has one and if your in a wreck itll shut off the fuel pump so fuel wont continue to flow.