Write up on removing center console plastic

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AngryRams

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'm looking for a guide on how to remove the console plastic. I have the jumpseat in middle.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

To add onto this... I'm going to be running the USB from my pioneer deck and probably an auxiliary cable just for the sake of it, to my center console... I've gotten too many mixed answers about the uram and car play.. so I'll just run those cables there and figure a way to mod the ports.

Last edited:

Jimmy07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
https://pdf.crutchfieldonline.com/ImageBank/v20160407115700/Manuals/794/794USBRAM.PDF
These are the instructions for installing the uram. It will be the same procedure for taking the consol apart for what you want to do.
On a side note, I don’t know what other people have been telling you, but I can say for absolute certain that it works. I have one installed right now. At first, I used it with the pioneer avh-4200 nex, and now I’m using it with the alpine ilx-107. I use an iPhone with Apple CarPlay through it and it has never failed to work or charge the phone. You can find them for $20 on eBay. No sense in hacking in a USB adapter.

OP
OP
AngryRams

AngryRams

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
https://pdf.crutchfieldonline.com/ImageBank/v20160407115700/Manuals/794/794USBRAM.PDF
These are the instructions for installing the uram. It will be the same procedure for taking the consol apart for what you want to do.
On a side note, I don’t know what other people have been telling you, but I can say for absolute certain that it works. I have one installed right now. At first, I used it with the pioneer avh-4200 nex, and now I’m using it with the alpine ilx-107. I use an iPhone with Apple CarPlay through it and it has never failed to work or charge the phone. You can find them for $20 on eBay. No sense in hacking in a USB adapter.
Copy that. I'll buy the uram before I do anything else.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Orca