Wrong Transmission?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ChanceS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Magnum 360
Had a Mechanic do a transmission swap in my 2001 Dodge ram and me and my brother think he put the wrong one in because it wont go into OD (the old trans did) and in the valve body of the new transmission there is a Governor Pressure sensor (96-99) instead of a Governor Pressure Transducer (2000 and up) would this do it?

mechanic blamed my trucks wiring and PCM, sold me a used PCM and told me to try and patch up my harness (found four wires where the insulation deteriorated slightly, patched it up, no change)

-P0601 on pre owned PCM
-no codes on old PCM
-O/D switch works
-mechanic used a jumper to engage tcc lock up

Replaced old 46re because it surged between gears

would an older trans cause it?

How can i fix this?

do I take it back to him?

do i fight him on the 8 hours he charged me trying to find out why it wont shift properly? (he is my friend, or was maybe now)

do i get my old one back and rebuild it?

dapepper9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L V8
You need that 2000+ transducer or it will do exactly as it has. It's maybe a $40? part and easy as hell to change. Will swap directly in place of the 96-99 sensor. Your mechanic is ******* you

OP
OP
C

ChanceS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Magnum 360
Looked at doing that, connector is different, so would i have to splice in a different one?