Y pipe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Csmcmullen1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I need to do some exhaust work on my 06 ram 5.7 hemi. I read someplace that i need to keep the Y pipe configuration. Is there ant truth to this? I am wanting to run headers and a dual pipe system possibly an H pipe. Any input would be apreciated. Also any header brands on the cheaper end but still quality would be great.

Fast69Mopar

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
There is nothing keeping you from running long tube headers with an
H-Pipe or an X-Pipe.

If you want to go with headers and save some money, pick up a set of eBay stainless steel long tubes like I did for $179.99

I've had good luck with them on the truck so far. They are just slightly discolored but do not have any cracks. They have ⅜" thick flanges and the weld look really nice for a " cheap" set of headers.

I recommend the X-Pipe for the best efficiency in scavenging the exhaust from the cylinders. The H-Pipe works well too but in my opinion the X-Pipe is better.

Check out this link below for beginners:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/FOR-03-07-...NG-TUBE-EXHAUST-MANIFOLD-HEADER-/202231019136