Yet Another Alpharex Install Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Craig Bowers

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 1500 Outdoorsman 2018 2500 CTD 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Good news everyone. I finished my Alpharex Pro Series G2 Install.
My 2013 1500 Outdoorsman came with the quad lights. They were way too dim compared to the LEDs in our BMW X3. So, they had to go. I ordered the lights from Alpharex and they came in 3 days. I replaced the 4 halogen bulbs with Alikee H7 LED units (Link below). After installing them I got low beam and parking light errors. Using AlphaOBD, I was able to remove the low beam errors but the parking light fix proved more elusive. I contacted Alpharex through the Book of Face about the problem. They sent me 2 resistor packs at no cost. This fixed the parking light error. Overall I am very happy with my choice.
The day after install we drove from Bakersfield to Salt Lake City and back over 4 days all to spend 3 hours with a family friend for her 91st B-Day. A lot of night driving was involved and the Alpharex plus LEDs worked beautifully. My wife digs the sequential turn signals.

Alikee H7 LED Bulbs
IMG_0468.jpegIMG_0467.jpegIMG_0465.jpeg
IMG_0464.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_0464.jpeg
    IMG_0464.jpeg
    118.7 KB · Views: 5

TC III

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Tradesman 2500
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Good news everyone. I finished my Alpharex Pro Series G2 Install.
My 2013 1500 Outdoorsman came with the quad lights. They were way too dim compared to the LEDs in our BMW X3. So, they had to go. I ordered the lights from Alpharex and they came in 3 days. I replaced the 4 halogen bulbs with Alikee H7 LED units (Link below). After installing them I got low beam and parking light errors. Using AlphaOBD, I was able to remove the low beam errors but the parking light fix proved more elusive. I contacted Alpharex through the Book of Face about the problem. They sent me 2 resistor packs at no cost. This fixed the parking light error. Overall I am very happy with my choice.
The day after install we drove from Bakersfield to Salt Lake City and back over 4 days all to spend 3 hours with a family friend for her 91st B-Day. A lot of night driving was involved and the Alpharex plus LEDs worked beautifully. My wife digs the sequential turn signals.

Alikee H7 LED Bulbs
View attachment 469471View attachment 469472View attachment 469473
View attachment 469475

Where did you install the resistors? I had the same issue and contacted Alpharex. They said they are sending me some resistors to fix the issue.

OP
OP
Craig Bowers

Craig Bowers

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 1500 Outdoorsman 2018 2500 CTD 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Hi!
As I recall, I unpluged the turn signals and put the resistor in line between the light housing and the truck's cable. I them tucked the resistor away in a place where it would not touch any plastic as it does get very warm.

I hope this helps. Craig.

Whatthe420

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have this issue right now they sent me the resistors but forgot to send the t-taps so does anyone know what gauge wire they are so I can get the right t-tap

yyz_warlock

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Same issue... They sent out resistors for me as well but I don't know if its worth the hassle of potentially voiding my trucks warranty as you would be splicing into the OEM wiring harness?

Cadiram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L Hemi
FYI I spiced and soldered then tucked resistor inside the head lights where they should have been for parking light circuit. Just used a multi meter to find wire.

Justin33

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Why are you guys needed resistors I’m sure a setting in Alfa woulda take care of whatever problem this is.

vhmike73

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 2500 Laramie Limited
Engine
Hemi 6.4
I know with my 2016 1500, the G2s would give a turn signal error without a resistor (and despite any settings in AlphaOBD) due to the switchback function of the turn signal. I was only seeing the error on left turns; VERY occasionally the right turn would send the error as well. Either way, the signal actually WORKED- but it still sent an error that triggered the "ding" and message on the EVIC.

I never tried a resistor on the wiring for the turns, and traded to an F150 for a little bit so I never did solve the problem.

Now I'm back in a Ram (this time a 2500 with factory projectors), and I am trying to decide on how to get LED headlights back. The stock halogens are pathetic in these projectors, especially after the output I got used to with the G2s and the LED projectors in my F150.

UnkoBro

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Justin33, I'm wondering about the same thing. I just grabbed a pair of the Pro G2's myself, and researched alot of recent vids about the install...and although I recall alot of guys running into error codes due to the switchbacks (a while ago), I recall some guys changing the settings in Alfa from "LED" to "HID" and solving that problem. Apparently, changing all the settings to "HID" will remove the Pulse Width Modulation sensing from the equation, and free the circuit. And the more recent install vids mentioned nothing about any error code issues. Can you give me any insight to help me out?

Last edited: