Yet another new owner with audio questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cjmdwyer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I was in the same boat. I have 2014 with 8.4 screen with base audio. when i added kicker dash speakers the 4 ohm speakers made it sound too "bright". I then added the kicker accessory sub and that was plug and play and has decent bass. I replaced the door speakers with Blaupunkt 6x9's, bu the stock radio just wasn't pushing them at all. I had highs and bass but no "depth" i guess you could say. I had a JL Audio 4-channel amp installed (100 watts per channel) to drive the 4 6x9 door speakers and that did the trick. Sounds great now. The amp is a class D so it is small and fits right behind the kicker sub under the back seat. I am very happy with the results to say the least.

OP
OP
B

badzdad

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cjm - do you have any vids of what your set up sounds like? I'm torn on the Kicker sub replacement. Being completely plug and play is good, but wondering if for the coin I can get something more.

OP
OP
B

badzdad

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Well Crutchfield delivered the box of goodies a couple of hours ago. Cant complain just under 48hrs from order to delivery. So it looks like I'll try to get at least part of the doors installed tomorrow. Plan is to do the doors and listen to it before I put the dash 3.5s in.

woojyee

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 eTorque
Well Crutchfield delivered the box of goodies a couple of hours ago. Cant complain just under 48hrs from order to delivery. So it looks like I'll try to get at least part of the doors installed tomorrow. Plan is to do the doors and listen to it before I put the dash 3.5s in.

What did you end up getting?

OP
OP
B

badzdad

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
What did you end up getting?

I decided to run the Kicker 40CS654 6.5s in the front and rear doors. I installed them first today and listened to it through several types of songs. I will say doing this ALONE was a huge improvement. Much better highs, much better response decent punchy bass.

I then went ahead and installed the two Kicker 40CS354 3.5s and I agree they are WAAAAY bright lol. I dialed the treble back to -9 and it sounds pretty good over all.

I think once I put a 10in sub in back it will balance things out a bit. At this point I got a good enough deal on this set up that even if I erase the whole set up and drop it into my wifes '14 Durango no harm done money wise.

I will say overall for little to no money this is a good upgrade for those of us without the Alpine set up. It sounds better than I expected, but I prepared myself for the worst based on the comments I heard about the dash speakers.

woojyee

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 eTorque
I decided to run the Kicker 40CS654 6.5s in the front and rear doors. I installed them first today and listened to it through several types of songs. I will say doing this ALONE was a huge improvement. Much better highs, much better response decent punchy bass.

I then went ahead and installed the two Kicker 40CS354 3.5s and I agree they are WAAAAY bright lol. I dialed the treble back to -9 and it sounds pretty good over all.

I think once I put a 10in sub in back it will balance things out a bit. At this point I got a good enough deal on this set up that even if I erase the whole set up and drop it into my wifes '14 Durango no harm done money wise.

I will say overall for little to no money this is a good upgrade for those of us without the Alpine set up. It sounds better than I expected, but I prepared myself for the worst based on the comments I heard about the dash speakers.

Nice! I have the gain for the dash speakers turned way down and I have the JL Audio C2-350x so they sound really good!

OP
OP
B

badzdad

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
So day 2 of the new speakers.....yeah it needs a sub...bad and its going to be hard to wait a month or more to get those pieces together and installed lol. 1st world problems I guess :)