Y'know, I'm bummed, embarrased, even sad.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Okiespaniel

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
magnum, 5.9
Hey 2nd genners...

Like the title says, I'm sad, and a bit peeved :killer:...I've been on the site for several months and have enjoyed myself immensely.

But one thing I've observed is that out of all the nice 2nd gen trucks in this section, none have gotten a recent nomination for TOTM. Looking at many of the trucks in this section, this is wrong! BTW this is NOT a shameles bit of self promotion...we had The codes nominated for July but could not get him in the contest.

Sure, there are nice newer trucks that deserve to win. But we have nice trucks too and we have plenty of active members to vote.
I think it would be awesome to show some 2nd gen pride next TOTM.

Thanks for letting me rave...:birgits_tiredcoffee

ramhunter9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
P-Star Jeep Wrangler
Its all in the communication on letting your nom know , and I agree plenty of nice 2nd gens . Keep your head up and keep on doing what you do .

We have had a few 2nd gens run .. Werm , My old 2nd gen cummins .. ECT .. Hell I even won with the 2nd gen and my 3rd gen ...
Just keep on reppin the 2nd gen and the truck you want to see in the running .

ramhunter9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
P-Star Jeep Wrangler
This ^^

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
I used to own a 2nd gen...and was a MOTM winner when I owned it. I don't think the 2nd gen trucks are being ignored. But I agree..more 2nd gen or even 1st gen nominations would be cool.

I used to rock this as a siggy pic:

Maddog.jpg

OP
OP
Okiespaniel

Okiespaniel

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
magnum, 5.9
Its all in the communication on letting your nom know , and I agree plenty of nice 2nd gens . Keep your head up and keep on doing what you do .

We have had a few 2nd gens run .. Werm , My old 2nd gen cummins .. ECT .. Hell I even won with the 2nd gen and my 3rd gen ...
Just keep on reppin the 2nd gen and the truck you want to see in the running .

Nice...but I don't count moderators even if they weren't when they won. Remember, I'm speaking in recent memory. It would be like board members winning "employee of the month"...:birgits_tiredcoffee

Get you a sig and show off some pics! I dont see as many pics of 2nd gens as I do 3rd and 4th gen for some reason. You need to show them off and show everybody your bad ass trucks!

I'm not sure what sig pics have to do with this...I lump those in with the "fantasy photoshoots" women will do before putting thier pics online. Some of you single guys know what I'm talking about! If I'm nominating a vehicle or voting...I go to the gallery. NO pics there...especially build pics...probably no vote.

I used to own a 2nd gen...and was a MOTM winner when I owned it. I don't think the 2nd gen trucks are being ignored. But I agree..more 2nd gen or even 1st gen nominations would be cool.

And that's exactly the point of my post(s). In most forums these days the 2nd and even 1st gen threads are more like ICUs, free clinics and/or emergency rooms where people go to keep these old trucks running just one more day. We're busier with defibulators and air ratchets than Fukken wax and metal polish.

In summary....we're not being ignored...We as 2nd gen owners are not recognizing our own. So I'm asking my fellow 2nd gen owners (NOT owners of newer trucks) to check ourselves over and find trucks/owners worthy of recognition. Then and most importantly, follow through!

Last edited:

TexasRammer

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Sig pis are a great way to at least show off some of your truck, and let people know what you got. Honestly, before I just looked at your gallery, I had no idea what your truck looked like(looks badass by the way). And starting a build thread or something also really helps to show it off. Gallery pics are great and all but I rarely look through them because I know people rarely update them, and half the time peoples galleries are filled with non-truck related stuff.

OP
OP
Okiespaniel

Okiespaniel

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
magnum, 5.9
Sig pis are a great way to at least show off some of your truck, and let people know what you got. Honestly, before I just looked at your gallery, I had no idea what your truck looked like(looks badass by the way). And starting a build thread or something also really helps to show it off. Gallery pics are great and all but I rarely look through them because I know people rarely update them, and half the time peoples galleries are filled with non-truck related stuff.

Thank you for checking out my gallery and the compliment...that's where you'll find all my updates...other than my build thread....which is in the exterior part of 2nd gen.

I update my gallery(s) all the time...but I'm probably an "against the wind" kind of guy anyway.

bigbadram1500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

x2
also adding mod list helps too

the codes

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Magnum 5.2
Thank you for checking out my gallery and the compliment...that's where you'll find all my updates...other than my build thread....which is in the exterior part of 2nd gen.

I update my gallery(s) all the time...but I'm probably an "against the wind" kind of guy anyway.

You sir, inspired me to update my gallery/album, sadly I only had 1 pic previously.

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
Would love to see more totm participation. Form new and older trucks. It's sad. We have over 6,000 members and last month had a total of like 52 votes. I know they are all not active posters, but we definitely have more than 52 active posters.

I'm gonna agree with the others on the sig pic. It really is what gets your trucks noticed by the masses. I never look at the galleries.

As for mods being part of the contest. At first it was set up that they could not be part of it and members kept wanting to nominate them so the rule was changed for the members since that is what they wanted

SmokedRam

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Do what I've done to both my trucks...**** the hell out of them. Heck, my Gen2 (Ruby Ram) was all over every forum...had it's own Facebook page...everything. My Gen3 is everywhere too...with the exception of it having it's own FB page. You can ask Dave, garner, Matt...I **** the HELL outta my truck. LOL

OP
OP
Okiespaniel

Okiespaniel

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
magnum, 5.9
Y'know...I don't know if anyone but myself has noticed....but most of the posters are guys with newer trucks.

I simply want to remind everyone I'm trying to get more 2nd genners involved in things this forum offers. We have to grab the ram by the horns here :)

BTW I'm not hatin' on any mods....just stating my opinion...

Last edited:

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
I applaud your efforts. I hope it works.

If you won't put a sig pic so more people see your truck maybe try a link of your build thread in your sig

I've seen the pics. I think you have some bad ass custom original mods, but unfortunately enough people don't know it

Last edited:

Trupiano

Reaction score
Hometown : Puyallup,WA Stationed : Little Rock,
Ram Year
2010 Ram 2500 6.7L CTD Crew Cab
Engine
6.7L CTD

If you won't put a sig pic so more people see your truck maybe try a link of your build thread in your sig

I've seen the pics. I think you have some bass ass custom original mods, but unfortunately enough people don't know it

X2!

GhostRam94

Reaction score
Ram Year
2009 Laramie CC
Engine
5.7 HEMI

I've seen the pics. I think you have some bad ass custom original mods, but unfortunately enough people don't know it

X3

I also have noticed that a good amount of the active posters are 4th gen and 3rd gen truck owners but there is still a good amount of 2nd gen out there

And I just don't understand how our vote is so low...I vote as soon as it comes out and its done, usually takes a minute or 2 to figure out the best teuck and bam

garner

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Do what I've done to both my trucks...**** the hell out of them. Heck, my Gen2 (Ruby Ram) was all over every forum...had it's own Facebook page...everything. My Gen3 is everywhere too...with the exception of it having it's own FB page. You can ask Dave, garner, Matt...I **** the HELL outta my truck. LOL

He definitely does! Damn thing is everywhere! Lol