6.4L HEMI accessories that Do or Do NOT work.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Donelam304

Donelam304

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 6.4
They can reset the size no problem. But the TPMS is another story. It's a DOT regulation thing.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

SB2500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Its not just about the power (and you can get them much cheaper than 621, seen them less than 500) it just maximizes the power band. Adjust for larger tires, fix the trans shift points, adjust TPMS, among other helpful things plug gas mileage boost. It's not a reace truck so I don't really care about the power increase. I drive mine easy anyways

KTM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Its not just about the power (and you can get them much cheaper than 621, seen them less than 500) it just maximizes the power band. Adjust for larger tires, fix the trans shift points, adjust TPMS, among other helpful things plug gas mileage boost. It's not a reace truck so I don't really care about the power increase. I drive mine easy anyways

YUP! Huge benefits from these programmers, its a bummer that some dealers are not "programmer friendly". The speedo fix for tires, shift points and milage boost are my primary reason for wanting the tuner. I didnt know that it also fixes TPMS issues too when you run new tire set up's at lower psi! NIIIICE! The power would come in handy for the occasional heavy tow but thats would be about it. Like you said these 2500 are not speed machines.

HorseManAR

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi Ram 2500
Subscribed but scared of warranty issues. Anyone gonna brave it?

KTM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Subscribed but scared of warranty issues. Anyone gonna brave it?

Well I am going to talk to the Service Manager and see what he has to say about it. I would rather be upfront about it and see how it pans out. Worse case is wait for the 3/36 warantee to expire then do it. Be about 2 years though with my milage I drive.

KTM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
$621 for 8hp to 15hp. Wow. My exhaust cost way less and I bet I got way more numbers than that. Lol.

I am thinking about duplicating your exhaust setup but do you see any affects on loss of back pressure from going true duals??

OP
OP
Donelam304

Donelam304

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 6.4
No loss so far. But I have not got to tow anything yet. It did make a noticeable difference in throttle response. Especially in the 60mph to 75mph to 100mph. It's a lot faster in acceleration.

WhiteSport

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I'm not sure why you guys are so worried about using tuners. Just set it back to stock when you go in for service and pull the diablosport tuner out. they'll never know.

SB2500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
You sure about that? Thought there was some sort of counter or something that they can see when the computer was reflashed or how many times it has been updated

KTM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I must have a super cool service manager, his exact answer was " I wont tell RAM if you don't tell them!" LOL, told him I was going to de badge and he said bring it back in when Im done and he will have his detail guy wax and seal the affected panels for me. So refreshing to have great service!

So i have Dual exhaust getting installed Friday and am actively looking for a good lift, maybe Fabtech whenever they come out. Maybe after that I might go with the programmer?

SB2500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
theres our guinea pig^^^^
Thats awesome man

KTM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
It is a tight fit between the tire and pipe. And if your gonna do 2 out. Might as well do true duals all the way. Have them can't out the Y pipe and make it all the way from the cats.

So I go in on Friday to get my exhaust done but the guy told me when they go past the flange in the Y, that the dealer usually will not warrantee the CAT's anymore.

I willing to risk it. Can't see the CAT's going bad before 36k miles anyway.

He also suggested to go with 2 1\2" pipes to help with a little back pressure. Didn't say it would make a big difference either way, just thought it would be a good idea. I have until Friday to decide on the pipe size.

Friggin $780 for the parts and labor! YIKES, seems spendy but he came highly recommended from some guys who build hot rods!

I will post pics and vid when I'm done.

OP
OP
Donelam304

Donelam304

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 6.4
That is pricy! But I don't know anything about your area. . My area paying $300 is pricy. Lol. I don't see the cats going bad at all. If they get clogged, run a bar through them. Lol. Unless a place hooks your vehicle up to check it to get an inspection sticker. Who cares. Lol.

OP
OP
Donelam304

Donelam304

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 6.4
Oh Damn. Yes California is bad. There was a car in the shop where I got my exhaust done at And the Damn thing has 4 cats. Wth. That's ridiculous.

WhiteSport

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
You sure about that? Thought there was some sort of counter or something that they can see when the computer was reflashed or how many times it has been updated

As an ex chrysler technician I can tell you that even IF we could see how many times something was flashed we wouldn't look at it because we wouldn't care. We look for trouble codes and use the scan tool to perform tests and actuate things. I'm sure if chrysler themselves asked for a complete report on the PCM then MAYBE just MAYBE they'd be able to see this, but doubtful they could ever prove it wasn't some idiot technician not following proper flashing procedures for a normal PCM update.

mtnrider33

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 6.4
Waiting on my new 6.4 to be delivered, and have been doing as much research on here as possible. Has there been any resolution to a catch can for our model engines?

Ratket

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Waiting on my new 6.4 to be delivered, and have been doing as much research on here as possible. Has there been any resolution to a catch can for our model engines?

I posted up about this, and from my reading i don't think they will need one, it's different than the 5.7's

mtnrider33

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 6.4
I posted up about this, and from my reading i don't think they will need one, it's different than the 5.7's

So, if our engine doesn't need them then they must've done away with the pcv venting back into our intake?? Unfortunately, I haven't received my truck so I cannot climb into the engine bay to check it all out on my own. Hopefully that's the case. Can you direct me to the thread that has your posted info?
I've found a seller through ebay that advertises fitment for our engine.

TWILLIAMS9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
From what I heard our 6.4's don't need a catch can or something along the lines is already built in.