CanadianHemi's 2005 Ram

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
CanadianHemi

CanadianHemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Quick update, I went ahead and decided to just mount my tires, feeling slightly disgusted that they were way too big and didn't fit right. I removed my mud flaps, stuck the fronts on and pulled out of the garage to back the truck in. Immediately fell in love!! It must have been the way the truck was sitting inside with the mudflaps on and the angle of the truck that threw it off, I mounted the rest of the tires on and set it outside..

These are just some quick shots, I'm going to get out the camera tonight and take some nice ones of it. This is no torsion crank, and I actually kind of like it without the level, I get to keep my nice ride quality and it makes the front kind of look more "bully" upfront in a way. I will get a better shot of what I mean tonight!

On a side note, these tires are exactly as I had expected from my previous truck. They handle excellent, very little to no road noise, I haven't had them in mud/snow but I know from my previous truck they are incredible. I highly recommend the Toyo ATII's. And believe it or not, These 295's are 10lbs heavier a wheel than what I had for stock ram steel wheels, 17" 245's.

IMG_2923.jpg

IMG_2918.jpg

Demon-HeMi

Reaction score
Ram Year
2003, 2003, 2008, & 2013
Engine
(2) 5.7 HEMI, 3.7, & 3.6
looking good man!

love seeing a restoration like that

OP
OP
CanadianHemi

CanadianHemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
A few other photos of the truck I saved.

Attachments

• IMG_2313.jpg
    IMG_2313.jpg
    99 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_2300.jpg
    IMG_2300.jpg
    99.4 KB · Views: 26
OP
OP
CanadianHemi

CanadianHemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
A few other photos I snapped today.

So now my plans are a MBRP cat-back system, in the near future. I would like to upgrade my brakes with stainless braided lines, better pads and rotors. And that will probably be it for a while.

IMG_7068.jpg

IMG_7064.jpg

IMG_7072.jpg

akennedyusmc

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I like transformation! I like the look of bigger tire on stock height or being leveled. Nothing too crazy. Looks good!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
CanadianHemi

CanadianHemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I like transformation! I like the look of bigger tire on stock height or being leveled. Nothing too crazy. Looks good!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you! I was going for the stock look to it. I really wanted those wheels, I think they are beautiful, and I didn't really like the look of many Aftermarket ones. I am going for a "If Dodge made a performance off-road truck" look to it, in 2005 Haha. I was very nervous at first mounting these on, I am used to 15" tires so.... But now I love them, I'm glad I went 60 sidewall, I think 55 is too small and 65 is a little too big!

OP
OP
CanadianHemi

CanadianHemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Well, had my truck into the shop the other day for a oil change, greasing and fluid top up. I switched to Royal Purple, from Casterol Edge, and I'm very happy. I found that the Edge would burn faster? Must have been the additives but the RP is excellent oil.

Ended up finding out that I had to replace my rear axle seals however. So that has set me back, on my cat back system slightly. I think I am going to do a brake upgrade first, looking at slotted rotors and good pads, and some stainless brake lines. I find the truck is super heavy and needs to be stopped a bit better than what it does now. Any recommendations on pads or brake lines would be great!

Anyway here is some new shots of the truck and the tire/wheel up close! I am more than pleased with the 295's, they are the perfect medium of smaller and larger!

IMG_7159.jpg

IMG_7164.jpg

IMG_7166.jpg

Demon-HeMi

Reaction score
Ram Year
2003, 2003, 2008, & 2013
Engine
(2) 5.7 HEMI, 3.7, & 3.6
looks beautiful man, but i have a question, why paint the entire truck and not paint the bumper cap? it kinda takes away from the work done on the truck, you obviously have the skill so it wouldn't take you more than a day to smooth and paint that cap

OP
OP
CanadianHemi

CanadianHemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
looks beautiful man, but i have a question, why paint the entire truck and not paint the bumper cap? it kinda takes away from the work done on the truck, you obviously have the skill so it wouldn't take you more than a day to smooth and paint that cap

Thank you, really appreciate it!

The bumper cap is actually plastic, I could paint the cap but it flexes very easily and would eventually crack the paint and it would fall off causing a big mess. I thought about buying the SRT/Rumble bee front end clip for it, but I usually just shine the plastic up with Mothers and it looks pretty good. I see what you mean, the top part under the grill is of the same flexy plastic. I guess the flat black and gloss black break it up a bit, maybe a little too much.

Demon-HeMi

Reaction score
Ram Year
2003, 2003, 2008, & 2013
Engine
(2) 5.7 HEMI, 3.7, & 3.6
Thank you, really appreciate it!

The bumper cap is actually plastic, I could paint the cap but it flexes very easily and would eventually crack the paint and it would fall off causing a big mess. I thought about buying the SRT/Rumble bee front end clip for it, but I usually just shine the plastic up with Mothers and it looks pretty good. I see what you mean, the top part under the grill is of the same flexy plastic. I guess the flat black and gloss black break it up a bit, maybe a little too much.

you know all rams 02-08 had plastic bumper caps right, even into 4th gens, it does flex some but ive never had one crack that wasn't in an impact, in-fact i just painted mine on my 4th gen, if you prep it correctly (and i know you have the know how) you should not have any trouble with the paint cracking or peeling.

also the rumble bee cover, srt cover, and that top cap are all the same plastic material

Demon-HeMi

Reaction score
Ram Year
2003, 2003, 2008, & 2013
Engine
(2) 5.7 HEMI, 3.7, & 3.6
All paint on the front of my trucks is on plastic parts, black truck has orig paint and the blue trucks cap was orig blue paint till i redid the entire truck and was still holding strong

7fa97f5495469ef3bccda854d1324889.jpg
e59fb9e9cc2f5a11961e92faecaca54f.jpg

OP
OP
CanadianHemi

CanadianHemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Quick update, posted on here a while back about the 5.7 consuming oil. I noticed it kind of started gradually and then more and more. I noticed my throttle body was saturated with oil and my truck was just not making serious power like it did before until around 3-3,500 RPM. I really looked into it and I ended up replacing the PCV valve, just a $50 piece of plastic with a metal valve inside. WELL! Immediate difference in the power, it has absolutely no issue breaking traction on my 295's just romping the throttle at 30 kmh, no more laggy response and no more oil consumption whats so ever! So if anyone has oil consumption issues and laggy power, PCV valve!

Also my buddy gave me a roll of header heat wrap, so I wrapped some on my exhaust. Couldn't get it on the manifolds but why not use it elsewhere.

Attachments

• IMG_3443.jpg
    IMG_3443.jpg
    101.2 KB · Views: 20
OP
OP
CanadianHemi

CanadianHemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Couple more shot of my truck done by myself. Storing it this winter, and doing some work on it while going to school! I may have found a SRT hood to save all my problems with the current hood, and I'd like to get the SRT sport front clip as well. We will see what happens once I get it in the shop!

Attachments

• IMG_20170821_161413-02.jpg
    IMG_20170821_161413-02.jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_20170904_182728-01.jpg
    IMG_20170904_182728-01.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 15
OP
OP
CanadianHemi

CanadianHemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Thanks guys! What do you think of flares? I want to try and avoid rock chips from my new tires but, I'm not big on the flares or flaps. It's not really the hard core off road looking truck.