OEM 22" R/T Wheels

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

hinzy

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Ram Sport
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Looking to purchase a set of excellent condition OEM RT wheels

Hawkman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I saw a set on Ebay, for approximately $1200 plus shipping. Put Ram 1500 22 inch wheels in the search box, should come up along with a few other styles.

Good luck

OP
OP
H

hinzy

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Ram Sport
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I saw a set on Ebay, for approximately $1200 plus shipping. Put Ram 1500 22 inch wheels in the search box, should come up along with a few other styles.

Good luck

I've seen those on there for a long time. There is too much damage for what I'm looking for.

Thanks though

R/T_Fire

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Any reason why you don't want to do replicas? I need to weigh my OEM R/T wheels with no tire but between a 22x10 replica SRT w/ 305 toyo rubber vs my 22x9 RT wheels with 285 nexen rubber, there was only a 6-8lb difference. Granted 6lbs can sound like a lot but much of that weigh can be attributed to the 22x10/305 vs the 22x9/285 difference.

I have read (without conformation) that OEM's weigh 36-38lbs while replicas are 42lbs.

OP
OP
H

hinzy

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Ram Sport
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Any reason why you don't want to do replicas? I need to weigh my OEM R/T wheels with no tire but between a 22x10 replica SRT w/ 305 toyo rubber vs my 22x9 RT wheels with 285 nexen rubber, there was only a 6-8lb difference. Granted 6lbs can sound like a lot but much of that weigh can be attributed to the 22x10/305 vs the 22x9/285 difference.

I have read (without conformation) that OEM's weigh 36-38lbs while replicas are 42lbs.

Main reason is the weight difference, second is the quality difference.

R/T_Fire

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Are you going from a 20" wheel?
Well if you can't find any there is always that option. My SRT's are replicas and I was pretty impressed with their fit and finish. I bought them used so not sure where they were made but still I was impressed with the over all quality..
But I can't fault a guy wanting the best quality, Ive thought about selling mine but kinda want to keep them and all original parts with the truck as much as possible.

OP
OP
H

hinzy

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Ram Sport
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Are you going from a 20" wheel?
Well if you can't find any there is always that option. My SRT's are replicas and I was pretty impressed with their fit and finish. I bought them used so not sure where they were made but still I was impressed with the over all quality..
But I can't fault a guy wanting the best quality, Ive thought about selling mine but kinda want to keep them and all original parts with the truck as much as possible.

Yes... I currently have 20" Sport wheels with 305/55/20
There's a local company to me that sells replicas and I've considered it many times.

R/T_Fire

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Im not sure all that make the replicas, but i know the ones from OEwheel look to be identical and of good quality

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

OP
OP
H

hinzy

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Ram Sport
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Im not sure all that make the replicas, but i know the ones from OEwheel look to be identical and of good quality

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I agree that some replicas "look" like good quality, but being in manufacturing I can guarantee you can't see the structural integrity or quality if the material used.

Last edited:

00R/T

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
I agree that some replicas "look" like good quality, but being in manufacturing I can guarantee you can't see the structural quality or quality if the material used.

True. All the replica wheels I know of are made overseas by no-name companies and I doubt they stack up to OEM. I know a lot of people that have been running different styles of SRT reps on different cars for years with no issues so I don't think it's a huge concern. But, it is something I think about.

The OEM SRT wheels I've had seem to be of excellent quality and, being forged, are shockingly light. I expect the R/T ones are similar.

R/T_Fire

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
True. All the replica wheels I know of are made overseas by no-name companies and I doubt they stack up to OEM. I know a lot of people that have been running different styles of SRT reps on different cars for years with no issues so I don't think it's a huge concern. But, it is something I think about.

The OEM SRT wheels I've had seem to be of excellent quality and, being forged, are shockingly light. I expect the R/T ones are similar.

Where did you find forged replica wheels????

I thought that was one of the biggest differences was replicas were cast while OEM were forged, hence the lighter weight and strength.

hinzy, definitely agree that the OEM will be stronger, since they are forged. But as 00R/T mentions there are a lot on the road without issue.
But I completely understand your feeling on them, I'm the same way on alot of things. Sad thing is you can get replicas with tires new for the cost of just the OEM used wheels.

It would be nice if MOPARPARTS sold OEM for a decent price.... I was told dealer cost per wheel for the OEM R/T wheels is a little under $800ea. I can buy high performance ADV.1 or forgeline wheels for that...
The joys of modifying our vehicles

RamonaRt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'm buying some hellcat replicas for my rt pretty soon hopefully. If I decide to sell my stocks I'll let you know that's if your still interested in buying them by that time.

Status
Not open for further replies.