4X4 Newbie

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SilverRam11

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 V8
SilverRam11, I apologize. I was taking my frustration out on you and another fellow who complained about "wow, three pages of driving in the rain".....

As the OP all I wanted was some information on driving my new truck.

For the record, I drive like a grandpa and love to maximize fuel economy. I have noticed that on my 25 X 2 mile commute my tach rarely goes over 2k unless I am feeling a little frisky.

As I mentioned my last RWD car tended to get loose and I'm no drifter and want to avoid those situations.

I drive responsibly and reduce my speed in inclement weather but if my truck has features that may come to my rescue I intend to use them to my advantage.

Happy trucking all, and to those who complain about threads like these just remember trucks popularity are at an all time high and us newbies have questions and that is the purpose of these forums, is it not?:favorites13:

No worries, sometimes things get lost in translation when reading text on a forum as opposed to in person. Enjoy your new truck, nice color choice.

OP
OP
ScottFL

ScottFL

U.S. Navy Gulf War Vet
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 RAM 1500 Laramie Longhorn 4X4
Engine
HEMI 5.7
Last edited:

Immortaldaul

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 magnum
Yeah I live in Texas can't tell you how much often it has rained or ice run across wet roads isn't ice hit the gas only to start to slide I immediately let off but it's still annoying.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

huntergreen

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
i agree with you that it is completely manageable if you drive appropriately.. but you cannot deny that while driving carefully, engaging 4x4 while not necessary does make it that much safer

yes it does. been through this a few times. driving through the Ocala forest, may cars put on their blinkers and just pulled over. the 4wheel out allowed me to keep going. the only rain i was ever in where the windshield wipers had trouble keeping up.