dumb question from a dumb person, lol

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Limeybastard

Reaction score
Shady Hills, Rednecksville Boro, Florida.
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Sorry about this, when one goes to dealership for warranty work right, then they have to order parts. Do I wait for them to call me back or do I have to call them to make arrangments again?

Basically took my truck in on 8/3 , work sheet stated parts need to be ordered but so far no calls.

It for my front wheel bearings, although It doesnt state if they are changing one or two, should be two. as both leak grease.

14hemiexpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4l
I would call them and just check on it. Ask the status they are working for you not doing you a favor. As far as how it's supose to be in not sure but I would keep checking in every couple days or once a week.

mohemipar

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Laramie
Engine
6.4 Hemi, 4.10's
I would call them and just check on it. Ask the status they are working for you not doing you a favor. As far as how it's supose to be in not sure but I would keep checking in every couple days or once a week.

They should most definitely call you with an update when the parts come in. This is a simple courtesy any dealership should give their customers. Do they all? Nope.

Seems like a pretty common part that shouldn't take too long for them to get. Unless they specifically told you before hand that it might take a few weeks (which it doesn't seem so), I'd call and ask them what the deal is. I'm sure they aren't rushing to get you in because it's warranty work and they dont have you by the balls like some other people.

AustinB

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Parts probably could be there overnight if they wanted to.

My money is that they haven't even ordered them yet, and when you call it'll go something like this..

"Oh yea, they haven't arrived yet, should be here in a couple days.. lets go ahead and make you an appointment 2 weeks out, cause we're slammed right now"

Hangs up the phone and orders the part.

(Just my experience 99% of the time, good luck)

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
As they say, "The squeaky wheel gets the grease"-----so to speak. I agree--I'd be on the phone. Also, there is never a stupid question(most of the time), although on some occasions we might give you a stupid answer(all in fun though). :naughty:
Jay

RumRunner

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Every dealership I've ever dealt with will call you when the parts come in. As mentioned already though, no harm in calling for an update. Even ask when the parts should be in and tell them you'd like to make an appointment now, and if the parts aren't in yet then you can cancel or reschedule.

OP
OP
Limeybastard

Limeybastard

Reaction score
Shady Hills, Rednecksville Boro, Florida.
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The reason why I ask was that normally when parts need ordering the person says we'll book you in on so and so date as the parts will be in by then.
He did say the bearing are one week out and the home link buttons ( not the whole unit) is two days out when I was leaving on the 3rd August.

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk