Lifetime Warranty

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Litenyaup

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So you can buy a warranty from any other dealer....even out of state and my local dealer do the work and honor it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Curlyp

Curlyp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So you can buy a warranty from any other dealer....even out of state and my local dealer do the work and honor it?

That is correct. The warranty is a Chrysler warranty. It is honored in all 50 States, Canada, and now Mexico.

OP
OP
Curlyp

Curlyp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I just got back from the dealer an hour ago. I went in and spoke with the finance guy that did my paperwork a couple weeks ago. I told him I wanted to cancel my warranty because I am purchasing the Chrysler Max care lifetime from another dealer and the cost is only $200 more then what I paid for my 100K warranty. He told me not a problem and printed out the paperwork.

As we were both signing it, he said, what if I matched the other warranty, would you purchase it from me and I’ll even take off an extra $30 because I want to keep your business. I said, yes!

Total for the Lifetime Warranty Max Care was $2,635. I only had to pay an extra $140 and they moved the money I paid for the 100K warranty over to the lifetime!

I just want to thank everyone on this forum for your help and knowledge. If it wasn’t for you all, I wouldn’t not have known, and probably ended up paying $1,500 more!

hemipower95 2.0

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I just got back from the dealer an hour ago. I went in and spoke with the finance guy that did my paperwork a couple weeks ago. I told him I wanted to cancel my warranty because I am purchasing the Chrysler Max care lifetime from another dealer and the cost is only $200 more then what I paid for my 100K warranty. He told me not a problem and printed out the paperwork.

As we were both signing it, he said, what if I matched the other warranty, would you purchase it from me and I’ll even take off an extra $30 because I want to keep your business. I said, yes!

Total for the Lifetime Warranty Max Care was $2,635. I only had to pay an extra $140 and they moved the money I paid for the 100K warranty over to the lifetime!

I just want to thank everyone on this forum for your help and knowledge. If it wasn’t for you all, I wouldn’t not have known, and probably ended up paying $1,500 more!

Good to know! I think I need it, 4 factory warranty repairs done so far, including a purge solenoid replacement last month.

Litenyaup

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
1) if it is worth it is 100% up to you

2) when you get it has nothing to do with any 30 day window...you can get it any time up to 4 yrs from the date you bought the truck

3) getting it earlier doesn't save much money either really. I got mine @ 48 months and 16k miles. I paid 150 bucks more than if I had got it @ 3 months & <2k miles.

4) SHOP AROUND....your dealer is likely NOT the cheapest person to get it from. I got mine from Clay Robbins ([email protected]), and so have lots others on here....he was the cheapest by a longshot when I was shopping

5) I paid $2580 for lifetime w/100 deductible. The numbers you are throwing out means you will pay a lot more, like in the $3800-$3900 range....if it were me, unless you KNOW you are keeping it past 100k, I'd leave what you have the way it is

As to the refund on a lifetime.........there is none after the 1st 60 days or so. The time frame for a refund starts from the day the vehicle was put in service....or the day you got it...NOT the day you buy the warranty. So, in my case, the day I got the warranty, it was 'in service' for 4 yrs already, and at 7 yrs, the ONLY refund you get is $25, and that's if you haven't used it.

The moral is, don't plan on getting any refund on it.......

Other non-lifetime plans have different refund rules......but they all start at the vehicle in service date, or the date it was purchased the 1st time. IE, had I got the 7 yr plan, I'd have paid the full price for it, but only gained 3 yrs of warranty, cuz the truck was 4 yrs old. Keep this in mind if buying less than lifetime.

I chose lifetime for mine cuz of the following reasons:
1) I don't drive it much, and know it will be much newer than it appears, and will last a long time
2) Too much electronic stuff on them now-a-days and it is all intertwined heavily that are very expensive or replace or repair
3) I have already had some minor issues with the trans (shifter really) that had me looking into the cost of repairs
4) I don't want to have to be working on it...if I can pay $100 and have it fixed....awesome
5) I had the money
6) This will likely be the last new truck I get as I'll be retired when it's time to replace it (if that time arrives)

Does this person sell factory Chrystler warranty?

OP
OP
Curlyp

Curlyp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Does this person sell factory Chrystler warranty?

Yes. Him and his father own the Chrysler dealerships. Here is his new contact info:

[email protected] and you can reach him at 888-421-1388.

TRCM

USN, Retired
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 1500 Laramie CC 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I never even thought to ask my dealer to price match.

I tried...and they were NOT interested in selling the Mopar stuff....but they would sell you the other stuff they push.

OP
OP
Curlyp

Curlyp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I tried...and they were NOT interested in selling the Mopar stuff....but they would sell you the other stuff they push.

My dealer originally sold me some no name warranty that was overpriced!

Litenyaup

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yes. Him and his father own the Chrysler dealerships. Here is his new contact info:

[email protected] and you can reach him at 888-421-1388.

Awesome thanks. I'll be sending them a message!

TarPaper

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Sport Black Edition 1500
Engine
Hemi V8
Worth the price...

i have the Mopar Lifetime...if u plan on keeping the truck past the regular warranty, them get it...i had to negotiate the price thru the dealer who was pushing their warranty, but it all worked out

HaydenHunter

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Laramie Crew Cab
Engine
HEMI
I don't yet have a RAM truck but that will be taken care of when I retire later this year.

I bought my wife a new 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee back in 2013. We bought the Lifetime Max Care Plan from FCA and at the time I shopped it. We bought from Ziegler motors. I dealt with a guy named Bob Cline. I don't know if that is still the contact, but the whole process was easy and Bob was very prompt and responsive. In fact, ask him if he has any special coupons he can apply. Saved us an extra $50 and Ziegler was the lowest price at the time.

The dealer that sold us the Jeep didn't even offer the FCA product and I had no interest in any other plan. I wanted lifetime max care because we keep vehicles a long time. Our last Jeep GC was 17 years old when we replaced it and while it was a good vehicle, we'd have made out had something like the Lifetime Max Care Plan been available back then.

Bldrinker

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Do you guys think these extended warranties will cover broken exhaust manifold bolts? I’m looking at extended warranties for that reason alone. 2013 Ram 1500 that has had the exhaust manifold bolts replaced 3 times. Truck has 58,000 miles. Plane on keeping it atleast 6 more years.
Thoughts?

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I don't yet have a RAM truck but that will be taken care of when I retire later this year.

I bought my wife a new 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee back in 2013. We bought the Lifetime Max Care Plan from FCA and at the time I shopped it. We bought from Ziegler motors. I dealt with a guy named Bob Cline. I don't know if that is still the contact, but the whole process was easy and Bob was very prompt and responsive. In fact, ask him if he has any special coupons he can apply. Saved us an extra $50 and Ziegler was the lowest price at the time.

The dealer that sold us the Jeep didn't even offer the FCA product and I had no interest in any other plan. I wanted lifetime max care because we keep vehicles a long time. Our last Jeep GC was 17 years old when we replaced it and while it was a good vehicle, we'd have made out had something like the Lifetime Max Care Plan been available back then.

Bob Cline is the same guy I went thru at the beginning of Feb 2018. Here is his contact info I copied from an email he sent me. If he is not available, ask for Brian.

Bob Cline
[email protected]
www.factoryplans.com
Zeigler Chrysler Ford
1186 E M-89
Plainwell MI 49080
866.943.7778 toll free direct
800.327.5880 toll free operator
269.685.5800 x 1208
269.585.6004 fax
269.685.3557 direct