Lifetime Warranty

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DaKing

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 HEMI
Who has ACTUALLY used one of these warranties for anything major? Hassles?

I feel like this is just a money maker for the dealer. And, in the event you try to use it on anything major, they will find a loop hole. Or have large added fees

yillbs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
for every person asking if the lifetime warranty is a good deal or not, there are 10 more ******** because they canceled it and didn't' get ALL the money back. sounds to me like maybe 10% of people that buy it actually keep it long enough to be effective. Each and every one of them told themselves " i'll keep this thing 100 years, so it's worth it", just to turn around and get a new one in two years. you know yourself better than anyone else, will you actually keep it, just because you want to, doesn't mean you will :)

Murphy Slaw

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Bighorn 4X4 Crew
Engine
Insurance is math. They are betting nothing will go wrong, or you will trade it/sell it before something does.

They have the odds......

mohemipar

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Laramie
Engine
6.4 Hemi, 4.10's
I actually bought it originally because i knew i could get money back if i cancelled it. Chrysler paid out at least $800 on it and im getting back around a grand. So i have no problems or complaints. And if i decided to keep this truck for another 10 years it would have been there.

OP
OP
Curlyp

Curlyp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Insurance is math. They are betting nothing will go wrong, or you will trade it/sell it before something does.

They have the odds......

True, but the Max Care Lifetime Warranty can be transferred.

Here is a screenshot shot of the brochure I received last night from James "Scotty" Scott. I am still waiting to here back from Clay as well.

69b0240d51945a3adf23c5fe036b8b80.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mtofell

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4

Nope - Lifetime is NOT transferable. Your screen shot says "may". The caviat is the Lifetimes are not and the ones with mileage limitations are. That's how they can say "may". At least that was the deal 3 years ago when I got mine. And judging from the picture of the brochure it looks like it's probably the same. So, read the fine print carefully.

fwiw - I'm happy with mine and it's playing a big role in my keeping my truck as the miles add up. My tranny blew @ 38K miles and was rebuilt under powretrain warranty. Without the extended warranty I'd undoubtedly get rid of this truck. I really have no interest in owning something this high-tech without a warranty of some type. And not just to bash on Ram. Every vehicle these days can turn into an absolute nightmare to diagnose and repair.

OP
OP
Curlyp

Curlyp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Nope - Lifetime is NOT transferable. Your screen shot says "may". The caviat is the Lifetimes are not and the ones with mileage limitations are. That's how they can say "may". At least that was the deal 3 years ago when I got mine. And judging from the picture of the brochure it looks like it's probably the same. So, read the fine print carefully.

fwiw - I'm happy with mine and it's playing a big role in my keeping my truck as the miles add up. My tranny blew @ 38K miles and was rebuilt under powretrain warranty. Without the extended warranty I'd undoubtedly get rid of this truck. I really have no interest in owning something this high-tech without a warranty of some type. And not just to bash on Ram. Every vehicle these days can turn into an absolute nightmare to diagnose and repair.

Ah, thanks for pointing that out!

Wow, blew out at 38K! Is that normal? What year is your vehicle. I know what you mean about high-tech vehicles. That's the way everything is going, so the warranty is probably a good investment.

OP
OP
Curlyp

Curlyp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Still no word from Clay. I've emailed him and left him a voicemail this morning. I called the dealership and the receptionist said he is not in. Maybe he's on vacation?

Anyhow, I head back from James "Scotty" Scott this morning. As of 4/1 the prices of the Lifetime Warranty Max went up $300. He is able to take care of me and the best he can do is:

Maxcare Lifetime, $200 DD, $2,735.00 (+240 more than what I paid for the 100K warranty)

Maxcare Lifetime, $100 DD, $2,900.00 (+405 more than what I paid for the 100K warranty)

I'm going to my dealer later to cancel my warranty with them. Now I need to decide if the $100 deductible is worth the couple extra hundred bucks.

EDIT: I just spoke with Clay Robbins. He moved to a new store they just opened and has a new email address and phone number. He asked me to pass it along to everyone. His new email is [email protected] and you can reach him at 888-421-1388.

He quoted me the Lifetime Max plan @ $2,695 with $100 Deductible. He is by far the cheapest!

Last edited:

mohemipar

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Laramie
Engine
6.4 Hemi, 4.10's
The $2700 seems much more reasonable.

And that is correct they are not transferable. Says so right in my actual contract.

OP
OP
Curlyp

Curlyp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The $2700 seems much more reasonable.

And that is correct they are not transferable. Says so right in my actual contract.

Yes, I am going with the one from Clay. Clay told me there is a catch 22 with the hemi motor. If in 20 years your motor blows and cost $7K to replace. Chrysler will look at the value of your truck and write you a check to write off the warranty. He said at a minimum you truck will never be worth less than $3K.

TRCM

USN, Retired
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 1500 Laramie CC 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Yes, I am going with the one from Clay. Clay told me there is a catch 22 with the hemi motor. If in 20 years your motor blows and cost $7K to replace. Chrysler will look at the value of your truck and write you a check to write off the warranty. He said at a minimum you truck will never be worth less than $3K.

That's not just hemi motors...that's any vehicle. If the repair is more than the value of the vehicle, they give you the vehicle value.

OP
OP
Curlyp

Curlyp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
That's not just hemi motors...that's any vehicle. If the repair is more than the value of the vehicle, they give you the vehicle value.

Ah okay. Thank you.

TRCM

USN, Retired
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 1500 Laramie CC 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi

Here is a screenshot shot of the brochure I received last night from James "Scotty" Scott. I am still waiting to here back from Clay as well.

NOPE....read it, and read it again.

That screen shot is talking about "Maxcare Warranties" and "Mopar Vehicle Protection plans' as 'may be' transferable.

Max Care describes how much stuff is covered, and is not always lifetime

Lifetime is always max care (coverage) and is NOT transferable.

They are all Mopar Vehicle Protection plans, and they have 3 levels of coverage:
Maximum Care
Added Care Plus
Powertrain Care Plus

And many contract lengths (yrs/miles),

Fixed length contract versions are usually refundable.

TRCM

USN, Retired
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 1500 Laramie CC 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I just spoke with Clay Robbins. He moved to a new store they just opened and has a new email address and phone number. He asked me to pass it along to everyone. His new email is [email protected] and you can reach him at 888-421-1388.

He quoted me the Lifetime Max plan @ $2,695 with $100 Deductible. He is by far the cheapest!

Told ya he'd be the cheapest........and I just sent him an email busting his chops for not telling me he had a new dealership (yep, his email is different)

y0rascal

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Ram 1500
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Hey guys thanks for the info, I sent Clay an email.

When i bought my truck in Feb, they quoted me $3295 for $100 ded and $5250 for $0 ded on lifetime warranty plans.

mtofell

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Ah, thanks for pointing that out!

Wow, blew out at 38K! Is that normal? What year is your vehicle. I know what you mean about high-tech vehicles. That's the way everything is going, so the warranty is probably a good investment.

2014 2500 and it was about 2 years old at the time. Total fluke thing. Just sitting in stop/go traffic and went to accelerate. Engine RPM went up, I went nowhere :) Even after the rebuild it's still not perfect. It stalls and shudders sometimes and has really harsh downshift when jumping from 3-1 using the column shifter auto-down (so I just don't do it - basically just have to go to 2 then shift from 2 to 1 and all is fine). My dealer pretty much poo poos the whole thing and doesn't want to do anything about. I'm too busy to fight with them and with the Lifetime warranty I don't really worry. Sometimes I just wish it would take another crap and maybe they'd give me a new crate tranny.