Looks like I won't be modding my truck much.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dan1911

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Got a call back from my dealer today when I asked. He called their Maxcare appraiser (or whatever title they have) and he said it's as long as I "don't go crazy and put on 37s and jack the truck up, we would never deny a warranty claim."
I'm gonna get it in writing if I can, but he said my particular size is a size they sell with some packages on the same model anyways.
Keep in mind I also live where lots of people lift and plow snow for a living for half the year, so your results may vary! Lol

Sent via telepathy

yillbs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Lifting will void your warranty, but a level should not and neither should bigger tires. That seems weird. I would check with another dealer service department for a second opinion.

Regardless, if you ever have plans to mod a vehicle in the future just save yourself the trouble and don't buy an extended warranty. Part of what comes with modding is the increased risk of issues with the truck. You are changing parts and doing things it was not designed for. Makes sense a warranty would be voided because of that. Personally I just never buy an extended warranty on any vehicle. Never bought one in my life whether I did mods on that vehicle or not, and never once have I ever needed it. Would have been a waste of money every time if I purchased it.

Uhh.. no. I have a six inch lift 35 inch tires and airbags. I blew like destroyed a rear spring, warranty covered it, didn't say a word about any of my mods.

OP
OP
Itsalifestylee
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thank you.

I was waiting for someone to mention this.

I've had warranty work done on my truck....with all my mods.

Zero issues.

Edit: and I just joined the 5k club lmao

Hah congrats man!

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
With the variety of answers and people's experiences, it appears that how warranty claims are handled depend on the individual dealership you are dealing with. Some are strict, some maybe not so strict, unless you are talking about a major claim that involve the regional office or the factory and is high dollar.
Jay