Need advice

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JJP71584

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I have a 2012 1500 purchased brand new, had the transmission flushed 2 months ago at the dealerships recommendation. This is roughly when my powertrain warranty ran up according to the service date. Truck recently is throwing P0750 shift solenoid CEL and won't shift out of 4th gear. Could this have been caused by the flush at the dealership?

Do I have any options seeing as how I'm less than 3 months out of powertrain warranty and worse case scenario, I could need my transmission replaced?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
Cautionary tale, NEVER flush a tranny, sorry for your troubles. First, see if the dealer will work with you, I kinda doubt it but worth a shot. Why did they recommend a flush? Any issues at that time? Then, get a shop to blame the damage on the flush, and then take them to court. You can try transmission fluid cleaners, but I would get the dealers response first. Even if it costs you a hour labor, get it in writing. You probably have something lodged in that clutch pack, a cleaner may work. I have had autorx clean out a sticky clutch pack, believe it or not my truck would not shift into second, ran the cleaner and it was like new. No guarantee, but worth a shot after you first get the damage on paper.

OP
OP
JJP71584

JJP71584

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Well I have to say that the dealership as well as Chrysler seem to be willing to work with me, arrangements are being made to drop it off and diagnose it. Chrysler also opened a case and is going to follow up once the diagnosis is complete. I'm very happy thus far that everyone seems to be trying to make it right... I'll keep you all posted... Also big thank you to RamCares for getting the ball rolling on this, much appreciated!

huntergreen

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
how many miles on the trans? imho, your solenoid pack is the issue and not from the flush. could just be a broken wire or connection.

OP
OP
JJP71584

JJP71584

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
67k... We'll find out in the morning. Honestly I hope that's all it is, not looking to jam up the dealership, just want my truck fixed

14hemiexpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4l
Very common issue my neighbour is a tech at a Dodge dealer and mine did the same thing. He new the code off hand I didn't even have to look it up they just drop the pan replace the solenoids and move on also he said no harm in driving it locked in fourth it's basically the transmission version of limp. Personally I don't like trans flushes I do like to drop the pan and change filters and replace the fluid even though I doubt the flush had anything to do with with the solenoids. My .02 good luck.

OP
OP
JJP71584

JJP71584

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Well I have to say that the dealership came through, it was the solenoid, no metal in the fluid when they dropped the pan. Having the filters changed while the pan is off, but the dealership and Chrysler are covering the solenoid and the tow to get it there... Overall I'm very satisfied and really thrilled it's not a bigger issue with the trans!

14hemiexpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4l
Well I have to say that the dealership came through, it was the solenoid, no metal in the fluid when they dropped the pan. Having the filters changed while the pan is off, but the dealership and Chrysler are covering the solenoid and the tow to get it there... Overall I'm very satisfied and really thrilled it's not a bigger issue with the trans!

Glad to hear and thanks for the update. I know I was scared when my solenoids went out in mine. Transmissions and I don't get along very well and I know the ram transmission is the drive line weak point. Glad all worked out.

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
Pretty awesome man, congrats. I still wouldn't get a flush in the future though, plenty of posts about tranny's not shifting after a flush.