Ok guys need your help with whats next to buy !!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ramtruck4life

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Im looking to buy 6 things right now and need some help picking out what to buy ..

1: fender flares ( let me know witches ones you guys like best )
2: Light bar
3: Side steps
4: Cold air intake
5: Tow mirrors
6: new grill

and i want it all in black, so if you guys can send me links to some website with these 6 things and what you think is best that would be awesome and lots of help :D

:rockit:

Last edited:

Liquidoxygen

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
2500 Diesel
I just bought a 20 inch led bar to mount between the tow hooks on mine. My buddy has one on his and it is soooo bright and it looks great where it's mounted. Ill post some pics later in the week when I get home and install it.

For fender flares I had to go with the pocket style ones for maximum coverage. I'm not a big fan of the pocket style so I might have a body shop fill in the rivet holes and make it smooth. The smooth ones covered 2.25 and the pocket ones covered 2.75. There is an oversized pocket style flare but its straight overkill.

OP
OP
ramtruck4life

ramtruck4life

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Fun! I like spending other peoples money :p

I would get the flares first, they are what is going to be the biggest difference IMO I would go with some pocket style IMO. I like them the best.

Are you wanting to get a full LED light bar? Those can run a good 500+ dollars, but are seriously the sex when it comes to light and how the light looks.

Side steps.... Who needs em? Fat chicks can't jump. I personally don't like side steps on lifted trucks, as they just give the allusion of a smaller truck... It defeats the purpose of a lift to me. How ever it is your truck, if you NEEDED steps I would get the AMP power steps. Those are probably the coolest exterior mod you can do to a truck. A good chunk of change though :/

As far as the intake goes, don't get K&N those are garbage, been there done that. Vararam and Volant are is where I would put my money. If you like to go through water wholes a lot then get the volant. I have never had problems with my Vararam in rain yet, but I am still skeptical about it.

I don't like the dumbo ears tow mirrors xD
haha ya you are pretty much spending my money lmao :p
and for the light bar im looking for a bar that bolts on the bumper and add lights too..
ill probably be going with some bushwackers.. and i am a big off road guy so water and mud does come around alot lol so thanks for the advice with the intake

where did you get your grill ??

OP
OP
ramtruck4life

ramtruck4life

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I just bought a 20 inch led bar to mount between the tow hooks on mine. My buddy has one on his and it is soooo bright and it looks great where it's mounted. Ill post some pics later in the week when I get home and install it.

For fender flares I had to go with the pocket style ones for maximum coverage. I'm not a big fan of the pocket style so I might have a body shop fill in the rivet holes and make it smooth. The smooth ones covered 2.25 and the pocket ones covered 2.75. There is an oversized pocket style flare but its straight overkill.
ya pictures would be awesome !! how much did they run you ?

4x4Hemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I like it a lot, I want an led light bar between the tow hooks at some point to, but these ones are good. Light output isn't th best, but I have 2 sets of HIDs on thr way to convert them. So for $80 for the lights and $40 for hids they should be pretty good!

OP
OP
ramtruck4life

ramtruck4life

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
OP
OP
ramtruck4life

ramtruck4life

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I like it a lot, I want an led light bar between the tow hooks at some point to, but these ones are good. Light output isn't th best, but I have 2 sets of HIDs on thr way to convert them. So for $80 for the lights and $40 for hids they should be pretty good!
could you send me a link to site that has that light bar you have ??

4x4Hemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hmm well I bought it from a member on the forum, but I know it's an nfab light bar, it bolts into the front license plate holes. You have to har the steel bumper, not the plastic sport or express one

OP
OP
ramtruck4life

ramtruck4life

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hmm well I bought it from a member on the forum, but I know it's an nfab light bar, it bolts into the front license plate holes. You have to har the steel bumper, not the plastic sport or express one
ya i got the steel bumper

4x4Hemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Oh yeah very wrong, I can shake the truck with it. I wouldn't strand on it or anything though haha but it's not bad!

OP
OP
ramtruck4life

ramtruck4life

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Oh yeah very wrong, I can shake the truck with it. I wouldn't strand on it or anything though haha but it's not bad!
ok good, how was the wiring ? and where did you mount a switch inside the truck ??
thats one thing thats stoping me with adding lights is where to add a switch inside lol its not like my 96 cummins i had more switches the better lol :p but in the new truck im not sure if i want to hide them or not ?

4x4Hemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Oh ita really simple, it's just a matter of where to ground them l! I put the switches on the knee panel thingy, but if you don't want that you can get a factory switch plate for in your dash that replaces where it says ram.

You can only use it tho if you don't have the heated seats thing because it would replace that

OP
OP
ramtruck4life

ramtruck4life

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Oh ita really simple, it's just a matter of where to ground them l! I put the switches on the knee panel thingy, but if you don't want that you can get a factory switch plate for in your dash that replaces where it says ram.

You can only use it tho if you don't have the heated seats thing because it would replace that
well i dont have heated seats so that would be sweet, do you have pictures of you switch ?

4x4Hemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
It would be sweet to get that. I believe musclemkeester has a write up on it.

I'll post up a pic of mine for ya when I get home, I can't do it on my cell sadly haha

OP
OP
ramtruck4life

ramtruck4life

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
It would be sweet to get that. I believe musclemkeester has a write up on it.

I'll post up a pic of mine for ya when I get home, I can't do it on my cell sadly haha
that would be sweet :D

09SMOKINHEMI

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
When doing cai i would do either Vararam or S&B

sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3