Ram service e-mails?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

slosephp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Not sure if this question has been asked in here yet but im curious as to how chrysler can tell remotely how many miles are on the truck and what engine lights, etc are on. Where do they get the information from?

GreenClassic

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Big Horn CC
Engine
5.7 Hemi
The truck's cell signal via uconnect. I didn't renew after the initial free year, but I still get these emails.

huntergreen

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
think, "big brother".

averageguy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi
The truck's cell signal via uconnect. I didn't renew after the initial free year, but I still get these emails.

I didn't renew either. Is there a way to stop them from monitoring/tracking my truck? This seems like something I should be able to opt out of and it is definitely an invasion of privacy.

DaKing

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 HEMI
I got my truck used. I activated the service, so I could get the reports via email. Never got a report. And when I contacted support, they seemed oblivious to the fact there is email reports.

When I finally got an agent that knew these email reports exists, they could not answer any questions. Like "how often are reports sent?", and "if a code happens, will a report be sent ASAP, or greatly delayed?"

Still not getting reports.

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
I was getting them and now I can't remember the last time I got one

averageguy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi
I called and had them "Supposedly" delete my account. Every couple of months when I pulled my truck out of my steel barn it would get scanned and I would get an email. If it sets a code the cel will come on, I don't need more 2nd party monitoring of my business than I already put up with. Besides, making a tin foil hat for my truck would be ridiculous.:)

TruckNut

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
It's cool to get the status reports, but kind of creepy regarding the Orwellian feel of it. Trade-offs regarding technology.

Murphy Slaw

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Bighorn 4X4 Crew
Engine
I just bought mine last weekend, and didn't get the uconnect activated. I don't need my truck telling me where to find a movie, or a pizza place. And I don't want any more bills. And I have a cell phone.

Curious how this will turn out, I got an email survey and it asked about it.....