Now what on earth could this be?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
good day for all, lowered rear last night, ordered Extang Trifecta and muffler today :D

OP
OP
Trupiano

Trupiano

Reaction score
Hometown : Puyallup,WA Stationed : Little Rock,
Ram Year
2010 Ram 2500 6.7L CTD Crew Cab
Engine
6.7L CTD

OutlawTrucker

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
We're photo ******. You know that. You post a teaser pic without posting what WE WANNA SEE!!!!

Big Boi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Haha you guys are like my wife! Prolly attempt this saturday, but I'm still not sure if I'll have the time.

Haha you ****! :********:

Lol. No more jokes, you got the kit.

But like everyone is saying, the back is a piece of cake. Took me 30 minutes to remove the wheels, disconnect the lower bolts on the shocks, sway bar end links, pan hard bar, and switch out the coils in the rear. Some argue that you dont have to touch the pan hard bar. But in my method you do. I jacked the rear up by the pumpkin, and placed a jack stand on each side of the frame (towards the rear). Once the stands were in place, and all the bolts were undone. I lowered the pumpkin slowly. My jack stands only raise to 16 3/4". So I had to lower the jack all the way down. Switch, out the coils, pads, and bump stops if need be (I didnt). Raise the jack up slowly and bolt everything back up. I used some thread locker on the bolts as well.

The front is a little different. I used this vid as a reference to pop the ball joints. The pickling fork is like $10 at AutoZone, and everyone should have a BFH or two. Mine is 3 lbs. Make sure you dont let the caliper hang by the hose. I used a zip tie to attach it up out the way.

Heres some pics of what you will be going through

Pumpkin held up by jack, jack stands on frame just before axle. Sway bar end links, bottom bolt on shocks, and top bolt on pan hard bar removed. Lower the jack slowly, and the coils will fall out.
IMG_20110923_122124-1.jpg

IMG_20110923_120713.jpg

IMG_20110923_120709-1.jpg

With the floor jack under the lower control arm. Loosen the upper ball joint, tie rod end, and upper nut on sway bar end link. I left the nuts on by a couple threads, and used a pickling for and my BFH to separate them. After a couple whacks (busted loose after 5-10 whacks, surprisingly) the componets will drop, and you can slowly lower the jack. I removed the shock, and pushed down on the lower control arm to pull the spring out.
IMG_20110923_200631-1.jpg

Now I used an impact gun and an air ratchet tp speed it up. It CAN be done with just hand tools. But I would recomend shooting the bolts with some PB Blaster before you start. Even though our trucks are fairly new. There are some big nuts and bolts, and will require some muscle.

Last edited:

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
But the rear you didnt change shocks? if so, changing shocks it does help to pull inner fender wells.

Big Boi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
I didnt take my wheel wells out.... And Im running my oem shocks.

Back to the topic at hand... What time r u starting?

blackout11

Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 R/T
Engine
hemi 5.7

But like everyone is saying, the back is a piece of cake. Took me 30 minutes to remove the wheels, disconnect the lower bolts on the shocks, sway bar end links, pan hard bar, and switch out the coils in the rear. Some argue that you dont have to touch the pan hard bar. But in my method you do. I jacked the rear up by the pumpkin, and placed a jack stand on each side of the frame (towards the rear). Once the stands were in place, and all the bolts were undone. I lowered the pumpkin slowly. My jack stands only raise to 16 3/4". So I had to lower the jack all the way down. Switch, out the coils, pads, and bump stops if need be (I didnt). Raise the jack up slowly and bolt everything back up. I used some thread locker on the bolts as well.

The front is a little different. I used this vid as a reference to pop the ball joints. The pickling fork is like $10 at AutoZone, and everyone should have a BFH or two. Mine is 3 lbs. Make sure you dont let the caliper hang by the hose. I used a zip tie to attach it up out the way.

Pumpkin held up by jack, jack stands on frame just before axle. Sway bar end links, bottom bolt on shocks, and top bolt on pan hard bar removed. Lower the jack slowly, and the coils will fall out.

IMG_20110923_120713.jpg

With the floor jack under the lower control arm. Loosen the upper ball joint, tie rod end, and upper nut on sway bar end link. I left the nuts on by a couple threads, and used a pickling for and my BFH to separate them. After a couple whacks (busted loose after 5-10 whacks, surprisingly) the componets will drop, and you can slowly lower the jack. I removed the shock, and pushed down on the lower control arm to pull the spring out.

Now I used an impact gun and an air ratchet tp speed it up. It CAN be done with just hand tools. But I would recomend shooting the bolts with some PB Blaster before you start. Even though our trucks are fairly new. There are some big nuts and bolts, and will require some muscle.

Still waiting on you to come cut mine :p

blackout11

Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 R/T
Engine
hemi 5.7

IMG_20110923_120713.jpg

Also with the rear did you have to move the sway bar

Big Boi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Damn! Thanks Henry! This little guide you typed up will help alot!

I figured it would. Nice having everything in one spot, instead of searching the forum for info in the middle of the thread.

Good luck bruh