Level a 4x2 2017 question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

badtothebone

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Ram 1500 Sport
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hello, new to trucks/first Ram and loving it. I will like to level her, was looking into the Bilstein 5100 but believe read somewhere not compatible with 4x2.... is that accurate? Options for me to level her?

Thanks in advanced!
BTW, love the forum!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

firemedic10584

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Correct. The adjustable bils 5100s are only made for 4x4 currently. I just put the Maxtrac 2.5" leveling coils and new shocks on my '17 sport 2wd a few days ago. Leveled it perfect and rides like stock still. I'd recommend spending the extra cash of the maxtrac setup rather than just getting spacers.

OP
OP
B

badtothebone

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Ram 1500 Sport
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks for the info, will look into it. Do you mind sharing cost so I more or less have an idea when I ask for quotes? Does it void warranty?

Jkieffer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Anyone have detailed instructions on how to add leveling springs to 4 x 2. either rough country or MaxTrac including where to jack and support the front?

I also have to replace driver and pass upper control arms with mevotech Uca’s as I have a damaged ball joint. I currently have bilstien 5100 shocks installed.

Anyone have torque specs?

Any help would be appreciated.