Zone Kit and Bilsteins

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

EvoNiner1986

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hey all, got a couple questions. For reference, I'm already leveled with the Bilsteins set at 2.8. I have the Zone 6inch lift with 5" Nitro shocks sitting in my garage to be installed and have the following questions.

1. Will I have any issues putting this kit on with Bils set at max height, and if so, what issues could I expect?

2. Given the fact I have Bils up front, are there any parts of this kit that DONT get installed?

3. I want this kit done right so I was planning on having an experience shop do the work. I was quoted around 1200 in labor. Does this sound right or is it a bit high?

Anything else I'm missing or any other tidbits of helpful info are greatly appreciated. Thanks and happy holidays to you all!

mpittman

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Big Horn Crew Cab
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I cannot answer all your questions.... but here is my .02 cents.

I think you'll be really nose high with the bils at 2.8 after the lift. I'm getting BDS 4" kit installed next week with 3" coil springs in the rear. Everyone sets the bils at 1.4 to level out that sort of kit. So, I'll be doing the same.

I quoted 3 different shops. I got labor charges of $500, $900, and $1200. The $500 shop does mainly paint and body work, and very little suspension jobs. The $900 shop only does SuperLift kits and have done around 20 lifts. The $1200 shop is a BDS and ZONE dealer and he does lift jobs for 3 dealerships and lifts over 40 RAM's per year. So... I'm going with experience and quality for my brand new truck. So, hopefully your $1200 shop has lots of experience with it. If so, thats a valid quote.

Last edited:

Solid State

Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 Bighorn
Engine
Hemi 5.7
1. No issues with bils being set that high. Some people upgrade UCA's for peace of mind.

2. You do NOT use the strut spacer oncluded in the kit if you have bils. Take it out of the box.

3. I would say that's not terrible, but on the high end. I believe the kit is rated for 8-10 hrs install time. It will very on shop hrly rate. I paid 850 to have mine installed.

Drummin4jc

WWG1WGA!
Reaction score
Ram Year
2024 Ram 2500 CC
Engine
6.4 Hemi
From someone who already has the same setup installed (except my Bil's are at 2.1)

You will NOT be "Really Nose High" at 2.8. As a matter of fact, you might have a little bit of rake... and I mean very little. My are at 2.1 and I have about 2 - 2.5" of rake. That's because my stock suspension was pretty low to begin with. Some trucks are a little lower in the front than others.... but regardless, 2.8 will NOT make you nose high. I too have upgraded my UCA's as well just because I was in there anyway. A lot of members go for the Mevotech's including myself. I'm very happy with them.

As SolidState said on question 2, DO NOT install the strut spacer included in the kit. The Bil's take care of that for you.

Question 3; depends on your area. I actually have a relative who has a garage and helped me with the install. I'd say $1,200 is good as long as you don't have any problems and they give you some sort of guarantee.

If you reference my truck, keep in mind that I also have a 1.5" Zone body lift on top of that 6" Susupension lift. I hope this helps!

Adam

mpittman

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Big Horn Crew Cab
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I didn't know about not using the strut spacer. With the strut spacer left in... and the bils at 2.8... he would be nose high, correct? I'm still learning about all this myself.

Solid State

Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 Bighorn
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I didn't know about not using the strut spacer. With the strut spacer left in... and the bils at 2.8... he would be nose high, correct? I'm still learning about all this myself.

Ummm, possibly, but you wouldnt do that. Drummin made a good point. Every truck is different to start with. Take YOUR current fender measurements in to consideration. You might have anywhere from 2 to 3.5" of rake. Also, without the spacer I dont think you would be bose high @ 2.8 with 5" rear. I think that would be about dead level.

Rambl30

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Does anybody have the 4" zone lift