Good All-Season tires?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jsteinm1

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500 Sport CC
Engine
HEMI 5.7L
Finally time to get new tires. As much as I'd love to get something a little bigger I'm going to stay stock due to cost and not wanting to add 20lbs to each corner (and resulting mpg loss). I do 99% pavement driving and Im in NE so snow is a concern. I'm looking at the Kuhmo Crugen HT51 in the stock 275/60r20 size. Anyone have these? Or any other good all-season tires I should be looking at?

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Michelin makes a good tire---AT2
Jay

huntergreen

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
I would check tire rack. Lots of reviews. My opinion on khumo tires is that are trucks are a bit too heavy and cause them to feel they have weak side walls and wear out faster than say a rav4. Other opinions may vary. I am going to wear out the stock tires then I am going to look at Nokia rotiva, MT deagon, Cooper at3 and maybe falken.

Last edited:

ExpressRules

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Express Crew Cab & 2019 Big Horn Crew Cab
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I had posted on a thread a few months back that I replaced the OEM GoodYears after 46k to General Grabber 60HTS because of the good ratings they had for rain and snow. After a few months of living with them I can say I'm very happy. Rain traction is really good and although haven't had any snow yet based on reviews I read I'm betting they will be great. Spend $960 out the door after mounting, balancing and tax.

rtm03862iq

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
A friend just put a set of Michelin LTX M/S on his '14 F-150 (OEM 20" wheels) and he really likes them. I currently have LT285/70R17 Toyo ATIIs and while they're a pretty good tire, I'm thinking of picking up a set of Michelins in the stock 20" size.

billyw

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Almost any AT tire will be a pretty good year round tire. Most don't seem to make much if any highway noise anymore either. I got 275/60r20 Cooper Discoverer AT3s out the door for just over $700.

RAMHON

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 1500 Laramie Crew Cab 5 4X4
Engine
5.7L V8 HEMI® MDS VVT Engine
I am going through this same process right now. I recently decided to try the AT route but decided ATs are just too rough for me. I have narrowed it down to the Michelin Defenders or LTX and Bridgestone Dueler Alenza Plus. See my recent thread on tire replacement. In the end I decided to go with Bridgestone Dueler Alenza H/L Plus which I will get installed tomorrow. Hope I made right choice but I figure can't be any worse that the SR-As. Suggest you try the ATs if you can using the Firestone 30 day try program I'm glad I did.

See my thread:
http://www.ramforum.com/f41/tire_replacement-110810/

Finally time to get new tires. As much as I'd love to get something a little bigger I'm going to stay stock due to cost and not wanting to add 20lbs to each corner (and resulting mpg loss). I do 99% pavement driving and Im in NE so snow is a concern. I'm looking at the Kuhmo Crugen HT51 in the stock 275/60r20 size. Anyone have these? Or any other good all-season tires I should be looking at?

CrispyBacon

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I urge everyone to check out the tire reviews at tirerack.com

My next tires will be michelin defender ltx m/s.

69GWC

Power Wagon
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi, 8sp
I had posted on a thread a few months back that I replaced the OEM GoodYears after 46k to General Grabber 60HTS because of the good ratings they had for rain and snow. After a few months of living with them I can say I'm very happy. Rain traction is really good and although haven't had any snow yet based on reviews I read I'm betting they will be great. Spend $960 out the door after mounting, balancing and tax.

Shoot at that price you should have extra money for that sweet catch can. :favorites13:

ExpressRules

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Express Crew Cab & 2019 Big Horn Crew Cab
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Shoot at that price you should have extra money for that sweet catch can. :favorites13:

But I want one of those fancy polished stainless steel units with bottom drain so I still might not have enough. I have read on here that i could increase rwhp by 40 over the cheaper ones. :naughty:

avantiguy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi
I've been running the Michelin LTX m/s for about a year through all of Michigan's four seasons including snow. I'm very happy with them in all conditions after about 16,000 miles. Ride is fine and they run true down the road with minimal weights for balance.

You will notice a stiffer ride than the GSA's with better cornering and handling.

Nutshell

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
I had Hankook Dynapro's that worked out really well. Great traction and wore really evenly. My last truck had Cooper Zeon's, they looked good, we're a little noisy on the highway and mileage took a 2 MPG hit. Sweet looking tire that also wore really well. Just about ready again and I'm looking at Mastercraft Coursers or Cooper Discoverer's

VA10

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Michelin makes a good tire---AT2
Jay

These came stock on my 15 Tundra (i think or maybe the at3 did). Which I have since traded for my Ram. But the tires were very good in my opinion. I daily commuted to work with them (approx 50miles a day). They behaved great on the highway. I also took them on the beach for 7 days, as well as through a blizzard, dry dirt trails, and slick muddy/clay areas.

My Tundra had an open diff with an "auto LSD" - which was just traction control that did not cut engine power to the wheels. anyways in 2wd in snow these tires made that truck derivable if the roads were a mix of dry patches and snowy/icy.

highway/road - 5/5
sand - 3/5
snow - 4/5
mud - 1/5

misuracaf10

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Keep an eye on tire weight if you’re concerned about MPG. Some of these tires can be 10-15lbs heavier for a stock size (higher load rating). Just something to think about

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

misuracaf10

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Also I just put on a Nitto G2 stock size 276/60r20 , 44lbs per tire which is really close to stock . I’m really happy with them so far. Low road noise, a tad louder then stock but barely noticeable. I like the ride as well. I came from an E rated tire (Toyo RT 275/65) then came back to these They seem to do well in rain but I haven’t tested them in snow. I have about 300 miles on them, and they were $930 installed at discount tire

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hemi395

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Michelin Defender LTX MS2 or the LTX A/T2. Either will work great for mostly pavement. I'm torn between those two but I'm leaning towards the A/T2s.

RAMHON

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 1500 Laramie Crew Cab 5 4X4
Engine
5.7L V8 HEMI® MDS VVT Engine
Switched out my Destination ATs for Bridgestone Dueler H/L Alenza Plus today. Just my opinion - but if you are thinking about first replacement from the stock Goodyear Wrangler SR-A to first new replacement tire, I suggest you think twice or try before you commit if you can to AT or MT tire. I understand ATs have improved in comfort/noise but IMO not anywhere near a level of a good all season tire. I found the ATs I tried too jarring/uncomfortable a daily ride for my liking.

For me the Bridgestone Duelers almost immediately seem much better suited to my all around mid-life comfort needs.

17crewram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I had them on my 08. Good tire and held up well to pulling my camper.

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
jsteinm1

jsteinm1

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500 Sport CC
Engine
HEMI 5.7L
Thanks for all the great feedback! I ended up ordering the Kumho Crugens locally here and should end up about $800 installed after rebate; little cheaper than I could get the Michelins right now. If I don't forget I'll have to chime in with an update of how I like them.