LED reverse lights?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

VB712

Maxi_built
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have a 2014 sport. Looking at replacing the factory bulbs in my reverse lights with LED bulbs. I know the led tail lights use a 7440 style bulb. Any suggestions? Also do they have to be canbus style led bulbs? I don't want any bulb out indicators and when I did my license plate lights, I had to get canbus leds so I wouldn't get any errors. Are the reverse lights the same?

Rzrman328

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
It really is hit or miss if you get warning lights or not. Some had success with both canbus and non-canbus...vise versa.

Pmexpert

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 SRT
got a set from Diode Dynamics& Works perfect for 18months already)

TBaganATX

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Got mine at VLEDS, they are great! Plug and play, super bright... if they can't see you, they don't need to be driving.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

00R/T

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
I've always been a VLEDs guy but am a recent Diode Dynamics convert. Both make excellent products. Whatever bulb you go with, make sure it emits light around the sides. I recently decided to try the new Morimoto X-VF bulbs which are setup to emit most of the light off the top and toward the base. In a car that has the bulbs enter from the back, that's fine. I discovered ours go in from the bottom, though, and they're not a good match.

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
The reverse LED lights from Enlight Auto work great, no bulb out issues in my '15. Really bright seen through the mirrors and the back-up camera.
I also have their map light LEDs, bright, white and no issues with the dimming.

TBaganATX

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I've always been a VLEDs guy but am a recent Diode Dynamics convert. Both make excellent products. Whatever bulb you go with, make sure it emits light around the sides. I recently decided to try the new Morimoto X-VF bulbs which are setup to emit most of the light off the top and toward the base. In a car that has the bulbs enter from the back, that's fine. I discovered ours go in from the bottom, though, and they're not a good match.
So Diode Dynamics are pretty good product? How comparable to VLED?

00R/T

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
So Diode Dynamics are pretty good product? How comparable to VLED?

Very good. I can't speak to reliability yet because I've only had them for 6 months or so and I've had VLEDs in past vehicles for close to 5 years. But, the color is consistent, they're bright, and they seem to be made well. I don't expect to have any issues especially based on what I've heard.

The reason I bought their stuff for my truck is that I'm on a few groups for lighting nerds on Facebook and their owner is very active there. They've been putting in a lot of effort to expand and bring more of their manufacturing to the US, and I like that.

00R/T

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
I just bought Diode's new light bar to mount under my hitch so I can really see. Definitely a bargain at $80.

8017d89dba4490eceb79b4c045ad3307.jpg