washing the truck while at the beach.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Cecil_

Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 SLT
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Hey all just had a little question about washing my truck while at the beach. Like all West Virginians and Ohioans, I have found myself at Myrtle Beach SC. we usually rent a house with a water hose, which is the case this year, and so I brought all my detailing chemicals with me, two wash buckets, grit guards for each, a griots garage wash mitt, and Surf City Garage wash. All of these products are of quality. Along with this lot, I have some Surf City Garage grime destroyer (bug remover) and hot rod quick detailer.

The water here is extremely soft, and it's been in the 90s every day so far. The spot we have conveniently faces the west, so in the evenings I have shade to wash.

My question to the good people of the forum is should I have anything to worry about while at the beach while washing and detailing my truck? or any tips?

Also the house we have sits about a 1/2 mile away from the beach.

Thanks cecil_ :favorites13:

sriley531

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
As a fellow Ohioan, I have to ask why the heck you'd be so worried about washing your truck while youre on vacation in SC??!![emoji33] [emoji15] It'll probably just get slammed with bug guts on the drive back, wash it when you get home! Washing my truck would be the least of my concern! (But then i dont get to go on many vacations)[emoji36]

Otherwise, I don't see why anything would be different. It's south Carolina, not the south pole. Do it like you always do. And if you really like washing trucks that much, when you get back to Ohio look me up and I'll gladly let you do mine!! [emoji39] [emoji12] [emoji23]

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
When we go to Corpus Christi and drive on the beach, I always make sure that I use a pressure washer on the underside and all the wheel wells. They have a "car wash" on one of the main roads going to the beach, where you can drive in and only use the automatic function that will pressure spray the underside of your vehicle---it will not activate the brushes or any other functions.
Jay

jabartram

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I live in South Texas, our rule of thumb is, if you drive on the sand wash the bottom of you vehicle, sand and salt water Will cause rust.

Last edited:

Peekaboo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 V8
I live in Daytona beach, FL, where you can drive on the beach. I can tell you rust comes very quickly, simply if you leave your truck close to the beach. So, it is very important to wash your your whole truck (body, chassis, brakes,...) very often. Simple fresh water is enough, but you must be sure every exposed part of the truck is watered.

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
I just wash my truck when leaving the beach on the drive home. If you stay at an actual beach house that spray will be all over it again by morning.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Sir John

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 1500 Rebel "Mopar 16" Special Edition
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I live in the Northeast were rust underneath your vehicle is a right of passage. My truck is salt covered 3-4 months in a row. It will be long gone before rust is of any real concern. Beings you're from Ohio, that should make total sense. Enjoy your vacation.

OP
OP
Cecil_

Cecil_

Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 SLT
Engine
5.7 HEMI
hey thanks for all the feedback, it was very helpful, especially about washing the underside.