How do you pull down the overhead console

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hdvespa

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
2014 Express CC.; How do I drop down the overhead console to gain access to the insides of it?

NYCruiser

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Haven't done it yet on my Ram, but I did it on a Lincoln Town Car and it just pulled down. Pried gently from the rear to get a finger under it and it came down. Let us know if you figure it out.

Found this on another thread about a 2014 Ram:
to take the overhead console down, you literally just pull it down. no screws on these ones. just 4 or 6 spring clips. it does take som effort, and i was sure i was about to break it. but just pulled and it came.

Last edited:

pickupman66

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Haven't done it yet on my Ram, but I did it on a Lincoln Town Car and it just pulled down. Pried gently from the rear to get a finger under it and it came down. Let us know if you figure it out.

Found this on another thread about a 2014 Ram:
to take the overhead console down, you literally just pull it down. no screws on these ones. just 4 or 6 spring clips. it does take som effort, and i was sure i was about to break it. but just pulled and it came.

+1 on this. I took mine down because the rear sliding window switch was backwards. popped it down, flipped it and we rolled.

Pygmy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7l Cummins
It's tough. You've got to give it "you think it's going break" kind of pull. Pull from both rear corners equally.

Pygmy

VPRPWRD

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
8.3L Viper
As the others have said no screws, just clips.

ArmandoJF33

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
There are no screws, just clips in the front and rear, and two clips on the side. the clips on the side are in the middle and are bigger than the ones in front. I used a flathead screwdriver to pry it open. You have to give it a good tug from the SIDES, dont pull from the front or back because it could crack the plastic housing.

Sichemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Just did mine last week. Start at the coner and give it a good tug down. Just like he said 4 clips . And def do not start at the windshield they are not clips. And becareful of the wires. The one for the lights is very short and you need to wedge your hand in to unplug it. Then the small led that shines on the cupholders is a bit tricky to get out. Here is why I took mine down ..(lenses are not back in. Waiting on my leds to come) image.jpg

Power247

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 HEMI
I need to pull mine down to fix a rattle that has developed... Using the pic above as a reference... Does the entire plastic part pull out or just the section that Sichemi painted??