Rattle Rattle Rattle

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kapt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3L
My 2016 Laramie has the full center console. On bumpy roads it rattles like crazy! Anyone else have this problem? How did you fix it? Did you take it to the dealership? Or did you fix it yourself?

shibby927

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
My 2016 Laramie has the full center console. On bumpy roads it rattles like crazy! Anyone else have this problem? How did you fix it? Did you take it to the dealership? Or did you fix it yourself?

Try getting yourself some camper foam. It's a foam with adhesive on one side. It comes in rolls. You can take off chunks and put it in places to help with noises and vibration. As far as the center console, if you want to fix it yourself, it's going to be a lot of trial-and-error because that kind of stuff can be a huge PITA to track down. Might not hurt to let the dealership look at it, if you trust their service department, but don't be surprised if you get the "Couldn't recreate the issue" excuse service departments so famously use when they don't want to invest the time into fixing the issue.

I would play around with the foam, figure out which pieces are rubbing or possibly making contact, shove a little foam between them, then go out and drive and see if the issue goes away. Thankfully my console is quiet enough it doesn't bother me, but I had to put quite a bit of foam under the dash on the driver's side, and in between the wall panel on the passenger side that was hitting up against the plastic where the passenger seat bends.

Rattles are a major PITA, best of luck. Hopefully someone else has something more specific. If you find a fix though, be sure to let us know!

huntergreen

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
I always make use of the warranty. Let the dealer fix.

OP
OP
Kapt

Kapt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3L
I might go talk to them on Monday. It was an expensive truck. It shouldn't be rattling at all with 7,700 miles on it

SWAMP RAT VII

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Muscle truck
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Took mine in and nicely made them fix it. They stopped the rattle.

Hughey79

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Rehashing an old topic here. How did they fix the rattle do you know?
I think we finally found my annoying sound last night. I couldn't take it anymore and had the wife ride in the back. She isolated the noise to the center console lower part. All she literally did was gently put her foot against the bottom below the console vents and pushed and it stopped. Sweet. Well I figured I would throw a piece of foam under it to see if it would be good to go. Bothered me all night cause I knew it wouldn't fix it.
This morning on the way to work it started again anyway and I reach back and tapped on it in the center and it went away again.
I don't know what the next move is or have any more ideas.

avantiguy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi
Rehashing an old topic here. How did they fix the rattle do you know?
I think we finally found my annoying sound last night. I couldn't take it anymore and had the wife ride in the back. She isolated the noise to the center console lower part. All she literally did was gently put her foot against the bottom below the console vents and pushed and it stopped. Sweet. Well I figured I would throw a piece of foam under it to see if it would be good to go. Bothered me all night cause I knew it wouldn't fix it.
This morning on the way to work it started again anyway and I reach back and tapped on it in the center and it went away again.
I don't know what the next move is or have any more ideas.

You did your job and found the rattle now take it to the dealer and let them do their job.