Rear power windows are struggling to close?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sir John

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 1500 Rebel "Mopar 16" Special Edition
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have a 2014 Sport and it seems like the rear power windows struggle to close. It’s kind of hard to describe in words, but it’s like the windows, only when they are closing, speed up, slow down. It will cycle through that about 3 times on its way up to close. You can clearly hear the motor speeding up and slowing down too during this. I had it at the dealership today for this problem and all they did was spray this window lube everywhere. It didn’t fix a damn thing….they still do it. I’m going to call the service manager on Monday, but was wondering if anyone else has noticed this on their Ram. It obviously doesn’t matter which model you have….the rear power windows are all the same.

O.R.T.

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Likely I'd let the dealer handle it.

Assuming they sprayed the side tracks with lube, preferably teflon or even better silicone, I'd look at the mechanicals of it and see if it's the armature sticking like you had someone sit hard in the seat or had something back there that knocked or bent things.

Did they bother opening it up to lube it or just spray the channels/tracks?

LB3711

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6L V6
Well they obviously didn't take the inner door skin off. Because the motor and actual window track and cables are on that black inner plastic skin. The side tracks you see are just feltish buffers. Reason I know is I have taken mine off and will be taking it off this Saturday. I have dead door locks and it requires taking that black plastic piece off.

I'm planning to take pictures of it for future reference for people that might need it.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

O.R.T.

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
^I was thinking rear cab window. Spaced that it could just be the quad or crew car rear doors. So like LB3711 said, pull the door panels and inspect the system or make the dealer own up and handle it, unless you didn't buy from them, which if still under warranty doesn't apply anyhow. Get 'em fixed.

LB3711 (Moose), actually, better yet, maybe make a video, I know the blend door one is something that a lot of folks use.

Also this topic may be better under "Interior" rather than 'General Discussion"??

Last edited:
OP
OP
Sir John

Sir John

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 1500 Rebel "Mopar 16" Special Edition
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks for the replies. I wasn't sure where to put this thread since half the window is interior and the other half is exterior and then there's the whole electrical part of it!....lol.

Anyway, my Sport is a quad cab. So is it safe to assume that none of you are noticing this noise when your rear windows are closing? If the dealer tries to tell me it's normal, then I will request them to show me that with the Rams on the lot. Unfortunately, I did not buy this truck from this particular dealership.

LB3711

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6L V6
Yeah yeah ORT it was late and tapa doesn't say where the thread is.

I'll get pics with what I do and post them up later on today. I got both front and rear passenger doors to pull apart so you'll know how each look. I'll break out the camera instead of my phone lol

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

LB3711

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6L V6
here is what the inside looks like. Either needs lube or a new motor.

15041022537_db7a3cf7af_h.jpg

15040904890_2ec34ae10e_h.jpg