Stock Radio upgrade

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

arod412

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hi all. I did a quick search on this forum about upgrading my radio on my new 2012 dodge ram 1500 quadcab Bighorn.

What i'm trying to do is find some instruction on how to remove the center console cover, so i can remove the front plate on the dashboard. It's easy to remove the screws on the dash board cover, but its a bear to remove the center console cover, so i can completly remove the dashboard to access my radio.

I've google videos and instructions on how to do this, but it doesn't include the center console. Help!!

Angel

BlackedOutHemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 & 2012
Engine
5.7L HEMI & 6.7L Cummins
Remove the screws out of both the top tray and the bottom tray around the radio, there should be 4-5 of them. And then remove the chrome trim around the shifter handle, and then the bigger piece around the shifter handles will pop out also, it's only held on with clips. After that, you should be able to remove the cover that includes the AC, radio cover, and other options you have on the center stack. That whole piece removes as one. Use trim removal pieces to make it easier, and be careful while pulling. While things should just pop out check for hidden screws and of something is stuck look for a screw or see of it'll move up a little and pop off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk