Acceleration issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Zamboni

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I am having troubles accelerating my 2012 ram 2500 hemi 5.7 L. The problem feels like it is running out of fuel and only happens the first time I start the truck everyday. Fuel injector cleaner seemed to help at first but it is now getting worse. It seems to be worse in colder weather. There is no engine light on so I can't use my code reader. Any idea on what could cause this? Thanks

PCT

2019 2500 6.4
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
If its under Warranty i would take it in, my 97 Ram did this before the fuel pump died, i know that a different truck be could be a sign the fuel pump is going out

Kotta390

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Could be a fuel pump related issue. Take it in and have them diagnose for a check valve problem on the fuel pump. It could be losing its' prime overnight, but normally if the fuel pump is fine and the check valve is bad, it will only be an issue for the first 10-15 seconds at most.

Try turning your truck key to the on and off position 2-3 times before you actually start the truck and see if that makes a difference.