Diablo sport vs Pedal Commander

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sticknstring

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Looking to pull some more performance out of the 5.7 hemi in my 2500.

I've be n researching the Diablo Sport in tune i2 and the pedal commander. I like that the diablo sport can shut off the mds and has other features. Is more expensive though.

Tell me which one and why you'd choose it over the other. I'm not going to do both (if that were even possible)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
S

sticknstring

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

My biggest complaint right now is it seems like the truck tries to stay in too high of a gear for too long.
Example: coming into an intersection where I don't have to stop. I slow down and turn left thru the intersection then hit the gas coming out of the turn. When I hit the gas it tries to accelerate in the higher gear (3rd or 4th) around 900 rpm. After I hit the gas it takes a couple seconds of lugging under 1000rpm to realize "oh maybe I should downshift"
Hopefully that makes sense.

BackCountryAK

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Crew Cab & 6.4' bed
Engine
DS i2 all the way. You actually get performance unlike the pedal commander. I had the pedal commander briefly, but returned it because I could achieve the same results by pushing down further on the the accelerator. A lot of people seem to like it, but I would rather place that money towards another mod, like a new pcm for my 2017 lol. Then I can put my i2 back to work instead of using it as a paper weight.
If you go the custom tune route you should also be able to get trans tuning to help with the downshifting when you accelerate.

HammerHead

USMC 0313
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 4Runner
Engine
Peddle Commander= Better throttle response.
Diablo Tuner= move tranny shift points, throttle boost, part throttle up-shift, add fuel, add timing, turn AC fan on, remove speed limiter, tire size adjust, turn off MDS, Custom tuning.
:love51:

OP
OP
S

sticknstring

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Peddle Commander= Better throttle response.

Diablo Tuner= move tranny shift points, throttle boost, part throttle up-shift, add fuel, add timing, turn AC fan on, remove speed limiter, tire size adjust, turn off MDS, Custom tuning.

:love51:

Okay here's another question. On the diablo site they list vehicles that require a new PCM. They say the 2017 Ram 1500. They don't mention the 2500. Do I not need one or do they just assume nobody will buy this tuner for a 2500?

HammerHead

USMC 0313
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 4Runner
Engine
Okay here's another question. On the diablo site they list vehicles that require a new PCM. They say the 2017 Ram 1500. They don't mention the 2500. Do I not need one or do they just assume nobody will buy this tuner for a 2500?

I don't know about the 2500, you have 5.7 or 6.4? I do know 2015+ require PCM swap. I believe Diablo supports both but I would email them to be sure, and check with Matt at Moes performance. Hes a vendor on this site and we will know 100%.

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score

You need one. All 2017 PCMs are locked.