Dodge Cummins

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

7091ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
70 and 91 and 99
Engine
383 and Cummins and 360
What's the best years for the cummins and the bad years?

Ratket

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
all the years for the cummins are good.. of course some benefit better than others. If I had it my we it would be a 2012 fully deleted- last year of no def. Like most diesels the stock trannys are designed for stock power.. so if u start upgrading hp/ tq - upgrade that tranny as well.

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
When they first made the HO those engines where great. 2004ish I think. I owned one and would have never let it go but my knee went bum and I couldn't shift anymore, it was a stick. It was sweat sounding for some reason, the turbo was so smooth. Can't say much for earlier or the newer ones. I test drove a new one and wasn't that impressed. Dunno if I had an off day or and off truck, but my impression was the older truck I had was smoother. My brother in law had two if those HO's, he had to trade it in for the exact opposite reason, he had to get a stick because he towed heavy all the time and kept burning through automatic tranny's. Great info on this site but TDR is the place to go to ask for detailed Cummins stuff as well.

Firebird

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Ram 2500
Engine
Hemi
My fastest Cumins was my 2005, my favorite one to drive was my 13 Mega Cab