Exhaust question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BrianandChrissy

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 big horn crew cab
Engine
5.7 hemi, vararam CAI
Does your state require you to have a muffler? Mine does (NYS) Probably sounds bad ass with it deleted.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

69GWC

Power Wagon
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi, 8sp
Iam all for atleast trying to have a tuned exhaust, I am not a fan of straight pipes either they reall dont sound good just loud.
A tuned exhaust will sound better and run better all around.

OP
OP
Wareagle32

Wareagle32

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Tennessee dosnt require you to have a muffler. It does sound really good without a muffler. To much drone in the cab. But sounds real aggressive

grgreagreaga

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 ram 1500
Engine
I have been running without a muffler for a few years now and I love the sound of it. Really loud when you're on it but quite cruising down the street.

TTU14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I had a delete for 2 and a half years and it started driving me nuts recently. Deletes sound awesome, but the highway drone was killing me on my commute at 5:30 in the morning. I've got a Carven Progressive supposed to get here Thursday to hopefully cut down the drone at cruising speeds.

If you don't mind drone and hate your neighbors, buy a delete.

RAMTRPR

"Enjoy The Little Things"
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Even going with something like a flow master super10 or a black widow widowmaker is better. Single chamber and still loud, but cuts down drone just enough. I love loud so I am going from my current ****** Maxflow which is really quiet to a BW widowmaker or Thrush rattler :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Casper

U.S. Navy (Ret.)
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
Consider where you live and where you drive.

In a close neighborhood your delete is going to sound A$$hole annoying. On the other hand If you're in the country, it'll just let the dog know its time to tell the wife you're coming home with a bark or two.

If you drive in populated areas be prepared to become acquainted with Mr. Bear. If there is a city, state or local noise ordnance, and you look like a easy stop, you are dust. Its also great probable cause for a stop if you're looking ******.

You can get a lot of different noise levels and exhaust notes via a muffler change for a limited budget or a whole cat-back change out if you have the coin.

Last edited:

DailyRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Whatever you do, be prepared to live with some funky exhaust notes when the Eco/MDS kicks in.
A lot of people will tell you that they love the sound on cold start and under throttle, but coasting and cruising can sound stupid.
Good thing there are ways to turn the MDS off. That's my next truck update.

abouttobeglue

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Even going with something like a flow master super10 or a black widow widowmaker is better. Single chamber and still loud, but cuts down drone just enough. I love loud so I am going from my current ****** Maxflow which is really quiet to a BW widowmaker or Thrush rattler :)

I've got the black widow widowmaker on my truck and I love it, best sounding muffler out of all the ones I've used over the years, and there have been several.

OP
OP
Wareagle32

Wareagle32

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have the muffler delete now. I like it but to much drone in cab. Probably going to put a small muffler on.

02ramboi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 v8
I have flowmaster on mines. Love the sound wish it was a hair bit louder though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

magician

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Corsa cat back on mine for a week now. Loud on cold start ups but quiets down quickly and absolutely zero drone in the highway or when towing a 6k lb boat and trailer.

anthony2558

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Corsa cat back on mine for a week now. Loud on cold start ups but quiets down quickly and absolutely zero drone in the highway or when towing a 6k lb boat and trailer.
Any drone while in MDS mode? I have Corsa on my Mustang, and on my old Sierra. Unfortunately when the Sierra went to 6cyl, the drone kinda kicked in.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

LVnight1500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Anyone got the Flowmaster 817568 direct-fit installed? If so, how do you like it?