Intake and throttle body

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rileybrennan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I need a cold air intake and throttle body spacer for my 2011 hemi, who's got the best price and ships to Canada for the cheapest? Also is there anything a guy should know before tackling those two upgrades? Is it something any half mechanically inclined guy can do? Any recommendations on brand and such would also be appreciated thanks fellas!

Adams2013

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I need a cold air intake and throttle body spacer for my 2011 hemi, who's got the best price and ships to Canada for the cheapest? Also is there anything a guy should know before tackling those two upgrades? Is it something any half mechanically inclined guy can do? Any recommendations on brand and such would also be appreciated thanks fellas!

Thorttle Body Spacer Is A Waste Of Time And Money

Intake I Reccomned Varram Best Out There

Moe's Performance Has Very Good Pricing
Not Sure If He Ships To Canada

Talk To Hemi450Hp

Casper

U.S. Navy (Ret.)
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
Do not waste your money on a spacer. Save your pennies for a ported throttle body. That will really match well with either an S&B or Vararam induction kit. Preferred vendors on this site with the word performance in their name are a good source. I use Moe' performance.

chuck

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 True Blue Big Horn
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Yea I wouldn't waste your time or money on the TB spacer either. As for a CAI, I would go with the Vararam. I have the VR and I absolutely love it. Get the S&B CAI if you are planning on doing a lot of off-roading. If not, go with the Vararam.

Also I have to throw this out there...every time I read one of your posts, Adams2013, I feel like I'm reading a poem because of the spacing lol.

TRXHemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
There Once Was A Man From Nantucket.....

Sorry.... squirrel!

Anyway, the 87mm TB from Moe's seems to be a popular choice.... and as far as the air intake, VR seems to be solid as well. However, there are several to choose from, and they are all in the same price range for the most part.

BlkRamRt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
Looks like you have a 2011...if you are going to put headers go with the 87mm if not the 85mm.

audio1der

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Matt (Moe's) has exceptional customer service but he can't get around our stupid border duties:shooter:
The boys at Bully's performance ship from here in Canada and have great prices.

Gunz86

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
The guys here are right about the spacer, save that money for a ported throttle body, you will get performance gains from that whereas none with the spacer. The VR is the intake I went with and have no regrets and can't seem to lay off the throttle just to get a feel for it and I have been running it for almost 6 months, I love the look and extra space that freed up by doing so.

fastNugly

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Dodge Ram Sport CC
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Matt (Moe's) has exceptional customer service but he can't get around our stupid border duties:shooter:
The boys at Bully's performance ship from here in Canada and have great prices.

Yes we do.
OP, Anything you need let me know.
And we have pretty good customer service too ;)

OP
OP
rileybrennan

rileybrennan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Thanks for all the replies guys! Hah, just shows how much of a rookie I am at this stuff. I didn't know there was a difference between a ported throttle body and a throttle body spacer. Thanks a ton. And for install.. Anything I should know? I think I'll go with a Vararam and the 85mm. Don't think I could afford headers.

fastNugly

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Dodge Ram Sport CC
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks for all the replies guys! Hah, just shows how much of a rookie I am at this stuff. I didn't know there was a difference between a ported throttle body and a throttle body spacer. Thanks a ton. And for install.. Anything I should know? I think I'll go with a Vararam and the 85mm. Don't think I could afford headers.

It's all good man.....we all got to start somewhere and this is the beauty of forums.
Great info from great folks :popcorn:

Hemi450hp

Moe's Performance
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
Whipple Supercharged 422" Hemi

When you go to install your new throttle body, be careful not to over tighten the bolts. The TB bolts onto the intake manifold which is plastic. This means, if you over tighten the bolts, it will strip that plastic forcing you to go to a larger diameter bolt. Aside from that, both items are very easy to install, and the Vararam will come with install instructions as well.

If you have any trouble with the install, you can always post up on here, and it wont be long before you have a swarm of guys ready to help out.