Need Some Info

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TEx_Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Picked up a 09 Ram 1500 4x4 Hemi and I want to see what you all recommend as to get a little performance and maybe better gas mileage with Intake exhaust and tune. What parts do you all recommend ? I was looing into the K&N Intake maybe custom exhaust.

SILVER_BULLET

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
im going to copy matt from moes on this ...both will give you big noticeable gains in power and should help a little with mpg if you can keep your foot out of it

more performance oriented go with
arh longtubes
vararam intake
moes 87mm throttle body
dual exhaust
edge torque converter
hemifever custom tune

more mild set up
shorty headers
s&b intake
85mm throttle body
magnaflow y pipe with your choice of muffler
bully dog tuner

OP
OP
T

TEx_Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Is there a big difference as you stated in mild performance the bully dog tune compared to an custom tune?

SILVER_BULLET

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Is there a big difference as you stated in mild performance the bully dog tune compared to an custom tune?

the custom tune will be made for your truck so itll be running at its best but bully dog has been beating diablo on the canned tunes from what it looks like if you have small bolt ons the bully dog is the way to go but there really is no beating hemifevers tune

tkyle486

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I got all my stuff from Moes and hemifever and would recommend those guys to everyone.

OP
OP
T

TEx_Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Thanks Guys

How does the vararam intake hold up anyone have and use this?Do you need tune with this install ?

SILVER_BULLET

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Thanks Guys

How does the vararam intake hold up anyone have and use this?Do you need tune with this install ?

i have it havent had it for long but as soon as i installed it i noticed a difference and i had a different cai before so i can imagine a bigger difference from stock and no you dont need the tune with the install but itll make it really wake up with the tune

09SMOKINHEMI

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
yeah i have a vararam too and i love the performance from it. pair it up with a throttle body to give you some great throttle response

Hemi450hp

Moe's Performance
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
Whipple Supercharged 422" Hemi
With you being a 2009, I would save yourself a few bucks and go with the Superchips Flashpaq over the Bullydog tuner...unless you are just dead set on having that monitor up there. So Superchips for mild performance and mileage, or custom tune from Hemifever for all out performance. Aside from that, the Vararam intake and 1 of our ported throttle bodies will really help wake things up.

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
Clean the throttle body and install a catch can right after if you haven't already.

Sent from my iPhone

OP
OP
T

TEx_Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Awesome Info Thanks gonna pick up a vararam intake.

The custom hemifever is it possible to e-tune or have to take it to a certain place?

Hemi450hp

Moe's Performance
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
Whipple Supercharged 422" Hemi
Where in TX are you? We are actually the only company that has any Vararam kits in stock right now...even Vararam is out of stock on these.