Ram 6.4L intake manifold on a 5.7L.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Lethal Hemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
Has anyone looked Into this? Does it flow more than the 5.7L intake manifold?

A friend is going to get his heads ported on his RT and I was thinking the 6.4L intake would be a good upgrade

BlownGP

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 RAM Harvest New Holland Blue
Engine
I could be wrong, but I thought somebody said it won't work because the TB is going straight out instead of vertical.

Also I think the truck 5.7L manifold is better than the LX one. That's how it gets the extra HP bump over the cars.

Andrew09HEMI

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
The truck intake manifold is larger than the regular 5.7 car manifold so couldnt imagine it'd gain much of anything. I got this info when I was shopping for a cam in my Commander couple years ago.. He could do some work to the manifold itself to move more air

03MopaRamman

RAM SPORT / 18 SRT
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 (2003 Forgottens SOLD and 2014 SOLD)
Engine
Hemi 5.7 (392 Hemi) 86 Ford .308 HO Roller
EDIT:Just noticed it was for your freind, Ooops. Posted : I like the 6.1 heads/intake set-up you have proposed in your signature. The variable runners intake takes some setting up and i find that to be a complicated challenge for me anyhow. I know a fellow that has one on a 440 alum block set-up in an 05 LX. Good luck with your build.

Last edited:

fasthemiram12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Eagle 5.7 vvt
I don't think the 6.4 car intake is any different than the truck one except where the throttle body faces.

OP
OP
Lethal Hemi

Lethal Hemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
Ok I'm taking about the truck 6.4L intake manifold not the LX.

I'm wondering if anyone knows if the truck 6.4 intake flows any better than the 5.7L truck 4TH gen 5.7. Also would it be a direct bolton?

Jmhm17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
Hmm, interesting.. That sucks this thread lost its momentum - BUMP as I'm interested as well..

audio1der

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
But the "HD"(truck) 6.4 is a torquey workhorse. It has little more power than the 5.7 with a fairly different power curve. I'd be surprised if it helped.

Andrew09HEMI

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Short answer is no.. After doing some research the 6.4 intake in an active system and is controlled by the PCM. Best thing to do is port/polish the current one to keep low end tq up and match the flow of heads

ericlee9386

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
I looked it this swap before I sold my ram. The only thing that I couldn't confirm was if the 6.4 intake had the two vacuum ports like the 5.7 intake. I think the 6.4 have that different brake booster which doesn't require vaccum from the intake (forgot what it was called). You would need a custom cai But other than that it looks to be a direct dwap. My price from the dealer was right at 1000 a few months ago. It may have went down

ericlee9386

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Short answer is no.. After doing some research the 6.4 intake in an active system and is controlled by the PCM. Best thing to do is port/polish the current one to keep low end tq up and match the flow of heads

The truck 5.7 and both 6.4's have the same system. Only the car 5.7 intake does not have it

345growler

Reaction score
Ram Year
May-13
Engine
Hemi 5.7

Excellently done

Dave B

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7l
It does work with somewhere between 20-30 hp gain. You have to block off the EGR, reroute the Intake or just upgrade the intake to a 6.4l as well. There are four wires that need extended. You also have to upgrade the injectors or buy spacers to keep the 5.7l injectors. The reason I joined this forum was for this very subject. I have been looking into it. Modern muscle extreme sells o e but it is about three hundred more and you pretty much only the EGR block off as an extra on the “kit”. They have an air intake you can buy that fits it and can get it polished and ported also. My reason for joining just now was to post asking about another option. It seems pricey for the iIt if you can buy a regular 6.4l ram intake for less than 400. So I was wondering if anyone made a harness extended or an EGR plate or spacers that you could buy separately?

Dave B

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7l
Andrew, you need to me block the pcm on newer rams.

Tach_tech

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
There’s a thread on here that followed someone doing it. It can be done but it was by no means a direct bolt on. There’s also the issue of the internal PCV valve that is not serviceable.

Dave B

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7l
Moes sells the upgrade kit. (All but the EGR wiring extension).

crazykid1994

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
This is an old thread. Really old. And I have a 6.4 truck manifold on my 5.7. I know I have a thread on it. The 6.4 car manifold requires modifications to the accessories bracket. The truck manifold requires the srv harness extended but there is a guy on Facebook that sells a no splice harness so it’s easily reversible Everything else is plug and play on the truck manifold. Not sure how a thread from 2014 was brought back up...

crazykid1994

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
It does work with somewhere between 20-30 hp gain. You have to block off the EGR, reroute the Intake or just upgrade the intake to a 6.4l as well. There are four wires that need extended. You also have to upgrade the injectors or buy spacers to keep the 5.7l injectors. The reason I joined this forum was for this very subject. I have been looking into it. Modern muscle extreme sells o e but it is about three hundred more and you pretty much only the EGR block off as an extra on the “kit”. They have an air intake you can buy that fits it and can get it polished and ported also. My reason for joining just now was to post asking about another option. It seems pricey for the iIt if you can buy a regular 6.4l ram intake for less than 400. So I was wondering if anyone made a harness extended or an EGR plate or spacers that you could buy separately?
I have a 6.4 truck manifold on my truck. On Facebook there are a few groups like “high performance rams” and “tuned rams” that you will get more info on this.