Throttle Body

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Duval

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Anyone have any reccomendations for a throttle body for my 2014 Dodge Ram Sport?
I just tossed on a flowmaster 40 series muffler and ordered a S&B Cold Air Intake an a buddy of mine mentioned i should look into getting a AirRaid Throttle body.....Any thoughts?
Thanks In Advance Everyone

xrsman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 Ecodiesel
A throttle body spacer is a paper weight. It literally is a noise maker. Will have 0 effect on your truck.

There are ported throttle bodies though. That being said they are such a grey area. Some say they make no difference, others say they feel a difference on the "but dyno". Do those people just think they feel a difference? Idk. What I do know is that I'd never buy one! For my needs it would be a waste of $350. Actually for me it would really cost $445 plus shipping because of the Canadian dollar -_-

I'd like to see a dyno test of before and after, I doubt there's much of a change if anything.

Spend your money elsewhere, such as a tuner with a custom tune. You'll get WAY more bang for your buck!

Hemi450hp

Moe's Performance
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
Whipple Supercharged 422" Hemi
Ported throttle bodies do work, but you don't see their full potential without other supporting mods to back it up. The more you have done to the truck, the more you will gain from the TB.

I would do what XRS said though and start with the tuner. You will gain more from a Hemifever custom tune than you will from your intake, exhaust, and throttle body combined.

OP
OP
D

Duval

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
what is a tuner with a custom tune...i dont know much about this im a newbie when it comes to this stuff.....

xrsman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 Ecodiesel
Essentially a tuner changes your fuel mapping to give you more power. Matt (450Hemihp) owns Moes Performance, a shop selling about everything you can think of for our trucks. He can hook you up with a tuner. Custom tuning by Sean at Hemifever will help you get the most out of you truck. His tunes are better than the canned tunes that come on the tuners.

I bought the Diablo Trinity, but there is also a less expensive version called the Intune. Both have the same tuning capabilities, it boils down to which tuner unit you like better.

Here are some links for you to Matt's site and to Sean's site:

DiabloSport Trinity Tuner

DiabloSport InTune Programmer 2011-2014 Dodge, Chrysler, Ram, and Jeep 5.7L Hemi and 6.4L Hemi Vehicles

Dodge, Jeep & Chrysler Tuning | Jeep Chip | Dodge Programmer & More

Ramguy65

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have an 87mm ported TB on my 14 Sport along with true dual exhaust, Diablo with Jay Greene's custom tune and Vararam intake. Jays tunes are awesome! Had White Lightnings cutom tune before and Jays are night and day difference.

nightrunner066

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram Sport
Engine
Hemi 8 Speed
A throttle body would be the last mod id buy.

Spend your money on a custom tune. I love mine.

Mods in my Signature.

CMil527

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 RAM 1500 LARAMIE-CC
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Full agreement that a ported tb is down the line I'm not fully sold on them personally!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Goodie1990