Brakes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ralaubach

Reaction score
Ram Year
2007 Ram QC
Engine
hemi 5.7
Ok my rear brakes pads are in need of replacement. Wondering what most people are going with. Is it ok to go ceramic on factory rotors? Are there and pads I can get at an auto parts store that have a life time warranty? I only ask because I plan on having the truck for a long time and the life time price from Midas is 214 for ceramic. Pads go bad bring it in and they handle it. Also anyone have any experience with Midas? Good, bad?

Thanks guys

MegaMouseGW

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
SRT 10 Viper Motor and Tranny
Ceramics are more for racing. I would go with a good set of semi-metallics which is what dodge uses as OEM pads. Now if you want an upgrade this is what I got for my truck: Power Stop 1-Click Heavy Duty Truck and Tow Brake Kit | PowerStop Truck & SUV Brake Kit, V8&submodel3=Regular Cab (Full 2 Doors) Had to upgrade the front pads to be able to handle the motor I actually got in my truck though. Have not been disappointed at all with them. Had them installed almost a year ago and they are holding up VERY well.

OP
OP
R

ralaubach

Reaction score
Ram Year
2007 Ram QC
Engine
hemi 5.7
You guys ever hear of a life time warranty on pads you get at a parts store?

MegaMouseGW

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
SRT 10 Viper Motor and Tranny
You guys ever hear of a life time warranty on pads you get at a parts store?
AutoZone and Advanced auto parts have some of their more expensive pads with a lifetime warrantee. But I feel that those are a waste of money seeing as brake pads last only as long as the lead foot that drives the car allows them too.

Hemi5speed

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I just did mine. Went with the mid grade pads from napa ( the high end pads are performance/ towing etc). It cost me $43 dollars for the rear cause I didn't touch the rotors

Sal2006

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V6
At 40k miles my 06 pads are close to new, 12mm and rotors also show minimal wear. I'd stick with MOPAR

Elfster55

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I work at one of the a part stores , most of the pads have a limited lifetime warranty , if for some reason u were to go Into the metal that voids the warranty so if u go with the gold pads ur fine the semi metallic .