What did you do to your Gen3 today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Drunken Hamster

Turncoat Ford Boi
Reaction score
Ram Year
was 2005
Engine
was 5.7 Hemi
ive never tried it that way, but using the CG mf wash, ive managed to soften up some pretty bad rags, we are talking Walmart rags
Yeah, that's the same wash I used. Made them all feel really soft and new. Only starting with the cold wash and hang dry per Dana's recommendation and because the public dryers don't have a "no heat" setting. Plus, how fast do you really need to dry them? Not like I wash my truck every day... [emoji57][emoji57]

Sent from my magic 5-inch

Sun_Devil375

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L
i dig it man, i like it!

that color seems to be closer to the Atlantic blue that dodge used to sell rather than the patriot blue

Yea they told me the Pearl thats in the Patriot Blue might not react well with the bed liner, plus they under poured the pint I bought since it didnt have the extra additives and clear coat. So I had to under mix my paint in each bottle which probably contributed to it too. Either way I think it turned out pretty well, the pearl gives it a shine, but it also looks matte its weird to explain.

Drunken Hamster

Turncoat Ford Boi
Reaction score
Ram Year
was 2005
Engine
was 5.7 Hemi
I believe that effect is called "satin" lol.
Yea they told me the Pearl thats in the Patriot Blue might not react well with the bed liner, plus they under poured the pint I bought since it didnt have the extra additives and clear coat. So I had to under mix my paint in each bottle which probably contributed to it too. Either way I think it turned out pretty well, the pearl gives it a shine, but it also looks matte its weird to explain.

BTD07

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Laramie
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Spent this weekend Raptor Lining my 2004 Dodge Ram 1500 SLT. This 14 year old truck had lots of Arizona Pin striping from being out in the desert and had pretty bad hail damage on the roof and hood. The paint toner I used was supposedly PBT to be Patriot Blue which was my original color, jsut so I didnt have to paint the door jams and all that but clearly it didnt turn out PBT, its a little lighter. Oh well, maybe ill paint over it in the future but for now it looks like a brand new truck. New headlights come in, in two days so dont mind the old stock ones. Was planning on doing all the chrome black, but now seeing it I kind of like the chrome with this color.

View attachment 128273

View attachment 128274

View attachment 128275

View attachment 128276

View attachment 128277
I think this looks awesome man. I actually really like that color. And its a 2 for one, new look from this paint, and a new color, so it basically is new! Great job

Demon-HeMi

Reaction score
Ram Year
2003, 2003, 2008, & 2013
Engine
(2) 5.7 HEMI, 3.7, & 3.6
Yeah, that's the same wash I used. Made them all feel really soft and new. Only starting with the cold wash and hang dry per Dana's recommendation and because the public dryers don't have a "no heat" setting. Plus, how fast do you really need to dry them? Not like I wash my truck every day... [emoji57][emoji57]

well if you get a dryer with no heat option like i have, it only takes like 20 mins on that to dry em, only time i use heat is if i have a big load of towels and wash stuff to wash and like i said, its LOW heat

Drunken Hamster

Turncoat Ford Boi
Reaction score
Ram Year
was 2005
Engine
was 5.7 Hemi
True. Now guess what? All of my braking lights are out a one running light on the tails, and I'm down to my last 80 ******* dollars, which means I can't do anything about it. Tired of replacing bulbs...
well if you get a dryer with no heat option like i have, it only takes like 20 mins on that to dry em, only time i use heat is if i have a big load of towels and wash stuff to wash and like i said, its LOW heat

Demon-HeMi

Reaction score
Ram Year
2003, 2003, 2008, & 2013
Engine
(2) 5.7 HEMI, 3.7, & 3.6
True. Now guess what? All of my braking lights are out a one running light on the tails, and I'm down to my last 80 ******* dollars, which means I can't do anything about it. Tired of replacing bulbs...

go to the junk yard and pull some bulbs, cheap and quick fix, then put some LED tails on your list and go get some off ebay, they run about $100

hell you watch for the right deal ive gotten working good LED tails off ebay for less than $50

Drunken Hamster

Turncoat Ford Boi
Reaction score
Ram Year
was 2005
Engine
was 5.7 Hemi
Junkyard has a $3 entrance fee. 2 pack of bulbs costs that much, iirc. Tails are on my list. Depos. Do you have an equal quality third brake light recommendation by any chance??
go to the junk yard and pull some bulbs, cheap and quick fix, then put some LED tails on your list and go get some off ebay, they run about $100

hell you watch for the right deal ive gotten working good LED tails off ebay for less than $50

Demon-HeMi

Reaction score
Ram Year
2003, 2003, 2008, & 2013
Engine
(2) 5.7 HEMI, 3.7, & 3.6
Junkyard has a $3 entrance fee. 2 pack of bulbs costs that much, iirc. Tails are on my list. Depos. Do you have an equal quality third brake light recommendation by any chance??

K2motors sells one that i always use, it has a full length cargo light and a full length brake light, always had perfect fitment and great quality

02ramboi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 v8
Spent this weekend Raptor Lining my 2004 Dodge Ram 1500 SLT. This 14 year old truck had lots of Arizona Pin striping from being out in the desert and had pretty bad hail damage on the roof and hood. The paint toner I used was supposedly PBT to be Patriot Blue which was my original color, jsut so I didnt have to paint the door jams and all that but clearly it didnt turn out PBT, its a little lighter. Oh well, maybe ill paint over it in the future but for now it looks like a brand new truck. New headlights come in, in two days so dont mind the old stock ones. Was planning on doing all the chrome black, but now seeing it I kind of like the chrome with this color.

View attachment 128273

View attachment 128274

View attachment 128275

View attachment 128276

View attachment 128277

That came out awesome looks really good

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ST-8

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I know. Wanna loan me a couple few hundred bucks to do it with?

You can get some for under $100 wtf you asking for all that $$? You can do it with a hundred bucks. A couple hundred is greedy but a a couple few hundred? We ain’t trying to put gas in your tank

Demon-HeMi

Reaction score
Ram Year
2003, 2003, 2008, & 2013
Engine
(2) 5.7 HEMI, 3.7, & 3.6

Drunken Hamster

Turncoat Ford Boi
Reaction score
Ram Year
was 2005
Engine
was 5.7 Hemi
You can get some for under $100 wtf you asking for all that $$? You can do it with a hundred bucks. A couple hundred is greedy but a a couple few hundred? We ain’t trying to put gas in your tank
Deops, switchbacks for amber turns, third brake light, resistors, whatever I need to do the necessary mods for the amber turns. Estimated $250 total at the most?

I'd need 2 solid weeks of saving to do it and be completely safe financially. And that's starting from where I am now.

ST-8

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Deops, switchbacks for amber turns, third brake light, resistors, whatever I need to do the necessary mods for the amber turns. Estimated $250 total at the most?

I'd need 2 solid weeks of saving to do it and be completely safe financially. And that's starting from where I am now.

You know your real ******* nit picky for being broke as a joke lol

Drunken Hamster

Turncoat Ford Boi
Reaction score
Ram Year
was 2005
Engine
was 5.7 Hemi
You know your real ******* nit picky for being broke as a joke lol

Well if I'm paying for it, I'm getting what I want, not paying for **** twice. Plus amber turn signals are more visible and therefore safer.

Lil_Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Power tech 3.7L
Does this mean I can haul 20k now?f6a3020e94b543892911a22f15c20c83.jpg

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

No cause that 4.7l can’t handle all that weight haha. I wonder how the 9.25 will take that weight?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk