What do you lose when RAM connect on new truck expires?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

3CUMMINS

Reaction score
Ram Year
2004 2019 2020
Engine
5.9 6.7HO 6.7
I haven't paid since "it" expired.
I live in Canada, so maybe we are offered something different.
I have remote start, Nav, etc.
The updates are probably missing, but I can always use a map book but I wouldn't go to Toronto in this anyway. 401, sure, but not the city.
Didn't know about finding your truck in a parking lot but then I had to buy something less than a Limited because of my husband's techno boob abilities.
The finding your truck feature is not much use with a 3500 Dually. It's that one parked in two or in areas with the "mom" cars/SUV's size spots, three of them. Just look for people cursing.
Didn't find the monthly health report worthwhile either.
Save the stuff directly interacting with the truck, you can look most of this stuff up on your phones.

curry7500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
My free description expires on my 2023 today and I’m not inclined to start a paid subscription service. So exactly what do I lose the use of? Sort of a mystery to me. My rather vague and probably poor understanding is I lose the phone app - remote start/lock, etc. But I never use that stuff anyway. Anything else - emergency call, roadside service?
lol you lose a payment

1972Slob

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
My free description expires on my 2023 today and I’m not inclined to start a paid subscription service. So exactly what do I lose the use of? Sort of a mystery to me. My rather vague and probably poor understanding is I lose the phone app - remote start/lock, etc. But I never use that stuff anyway. Anything else - emergency call, roadside service?
You don't have to worry about anything I had 2018 and have 22 Ram it is just for Seris (Radio).. your smart phone can do everything w Bluetooth. Good news if you're in an accident the Airbag deployment will send an SOS. Don't pay for anything you paid enough for the truck

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
Sound like a load of you-know-what from GM.
This quote backs up your statement:
Babbit also tells MT that this theory hasn’t been tested in either the lab or the real world yet.
It's just a angle to get the data revenue stream that Google/Apple have. The explanation of lost or dropped connection will still happen with their built in apps. People are going to want the information from their phones, Apple and Google will bend GM over a barrel to get it. If Ram and Ford play their cards right sticking with AA/CP they'll eat into GM sales over this.

Brman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummings Diesel
You do not lose navigation. Mine has expired over a year, stilll navigating away. Plus you have car play and android thing. Remote start still works on my key fob just fine as well.
I loss my navigation on my 2019 2500 after the year free trial. Took it to the dealer and was told I would need to pay $25 for the monthly subscription of Serius Gaurdian for it to work.
They said navigation belonged to Uniconnect not Dodge.

David Roark

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 V8 e-Torque
The navigation updates are about three to four years behind what real maps have such as Garmin and Google and I paid big bucks for my update after it expired. I hardly use u connect because of that and simply keep directions from phone and send them to the truck. I paid for the remote access by phone.

SaintlySins

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
EcoDiesel
2021 Limited 3.0 ... I had sooooo many issues when I had it included with purchase. It really didn't "help" when it was free for the first year. When it came up for renewal, I declined.

I had come from a 2006 Honda Ridgeline with a Quarter-Mile Autostart Fob about the size of the current Key Fob for the Ram. I grew accustomed to having one thing that size with flat keys in my pocket, yet didn't want two of the same size Fobs in my pocket. Low and Behold ... technology knew that and I got an Auto Start system with a tiny fob that:
1.) Can start the car from the Third-Party Fob a bit farther than the Ram Fob.
2.) Comes with an App that allows me to start, stop, open & close windows, lock/unlock, flash lights and horn and more, yet mostly superfluous stuff.
3.) The App allows me to do this from anywhere in the world as long as it has WiFi.
4.) It was a ONE TIME CHARGE of $399 during a sale at CarToys (an Auto Accessories chain in the States).
5.) I can see where the car is on the App - and it's a better mapping than the Ram system.
6.) ... there's more, but I don't use all the features so I can't recall them.

As far as anything radio/audio goes, my Android connects to the truck via USB and there isn't anything my phone can't do (and with less/safer steps) than the Stelantis (Sh*tlantis) pay-to-use system does.

My only complaint is, I now get a full screen blackout message every so often saying: "Some Apps Are Not Working At This Time" ... and I'm REQUIRED to press an acknowledgement button to clear it "while driving" ... yet it'll clear when I come to a stop, yet come back on when I'm in motion. If I hit the button while moving, it'll clear for the rest of the next day to week(s). Why they have this notifications in full screen that require acknowledgement by pushing on a tiny button while driving is stupid. It blocks the navigation on the screen from WAZE, or the Native Navi and requires attention off the road and down to the lower part of the screen to a tiny button on the screen ... WHILE DRIVING. It's the most ludacris, anti-saftey, thing!

Oddly, once I switched to a Third Party Add-On, the native Navigation came back on - yet I rarely used it to begin with as I'm usually using WAZE, but if in the tight, downtown city streets, the native navi is on with WAZE as it shows alleyways I can also access.

I got rid of SirusXM too. Way back when Satelite Radio came out, there were "Lifetime" subscriptions available for $500.00 including the portable radio that could go from car to home. I loved it. No more advertisements, no speach restrictions, all freedom. Then adverts came. Then "Free Speach Restrictions" came. Then XM and Sirius merged and they cancelled all the "Lifetime Subscriptions". I joined the lawsuit and got paid $5K two years later.
Yet Technology also improved and Apps like Spotify, Pandora and Prime came along and for minimal money, I had everything I've been listening to on my phone ... and the phone syncs to the cars via BlueTooth or USB.
Good-Bye Satelite Radio.

This "Subscription" (recurring revenue grab) will eventually come to an end. It's completely unneccessary and nothing more than a money grab. I went with a one-time-fee program and you can get everything ... and usually more ... with Third Party Apps and Add-Ons.

My two Auto-Starts worth.

jejb

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I loss my navigation on my 2019 2500 after the year free trial. Took it to the dealer and was told I would need to pay $25 for the monthly subscription of Serius Gaurdian for it to work.
They said navigation belonged to Uniconnect not Dodge.
I had an 18 2500 and have a 21 Pacifica and a 22 2500. I never paid for the uConnect subscription services and nav worked/works on all of them.

Snowchief

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
for me I lose everything I never used or wanted.Like emails saying my tpms went on and bring it in only to have dealer say they can’t find anything or percentage of oil life. Not really a loss more like freedom from big brother crap.

farout75

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 L
Your insurance gives a discount for the ability for tracking a stolen RAM. In our case it was $11. a month.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OasisNinjaBat