Which bilstein shocks to use after drop.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RatherBeRaming

Reaction score
Ram Year
2006 SLT 4x4 RCSB
Engine
345 Hemi 5.7
I just did a 2/4 drop on my truck and about to replace with new bilstein shocks from a f350 super duty. Does anybody have any experience or reccomendations with these shocks and input on which series performs the best?

HemiBabe

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
I'm not really sure on those, most people run the Belltech Street Performace shocks, those are the best I've found

UNBROKEN

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Ram R/T
Engine
Why would you want to use a shock that's valved that high?
I've owned a lowered F250 as well as my Ram and numerous other cars and trucks...I promise you that you don't wanna use an F250 shock on your truck.
Unless you want it to ride like a buckboard....in which case carry on.

My advice is to buy a shock that's either made for your truck or a high quality adjustable shock that you can tailor to your needs.

OP
OP
R

RatherBeRaming

Reaction score
Ram Year
2006 SLT 4x4 RCSB
Engine
345 Hemi 5.7
I'm talking about the f350 super duty front shocks because they're 4inches shorter. I have a 4 inch drop in the rear so I figured they would be in their optimal working range. I want to use bilstein shocks but putting one for a 2006 ram would be pointless because it would be compressed 4 in.I was also avoiding using belltech shocks as I believe their an inferror product.

OP
OP
R

RatherBeRaming

Reaction score
Ram Year
2006 SLT 4x4 RCSB
Engine
345 Hemi 5.7
Just needed advice on which bilstein shocks work well on street applications

UNBROKEN

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Ram R/T
Engine
I know exactly what you're asking. I ran 4wd F250 front shocks in the rear of my lowered F250. They were too much for that truck...they're gonna be too much for a 1/2 ton. They're way too stiff.
If you just gotta try it....the red KYB Monomax's are valved the same as the Bil's are.
I did the homework on that too.
Again...I do not recommend that you do this. Your truck is gonna ride like it has no rear suspension at all.

OP
OP
R

RatherBeRaming

Reaction score
Ram Year
2006 SLT 4x4 RCSB
Engine
345 Hemi 5.7
I also dropped it using lowering leafs so I was thinking a stiffer shock would help give it some support. I'm looking for a smooth ride the softer the better what shock would you reccomend then?

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
As hemibabe said.. Go with the Belltech street performance shocks. They're firm enough to keep from bottoming out but just soft enough to give a smooth ride. Stay away from the Nitro drop shocks though, way too soft in my opinion.