Hitting Fender

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
HemiBabe

HemiBabe

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Hahaha I have still been debating throwin 265s in the front, But I dont want it to look raked... will it?

Big Boi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Depends on how much you dropped the rear. I know its a 2/4 drop, but when I dropped my '02, I made the rear as low as the shackle would let me go (without a c-notch). In return I bottomed out ALL the time.

The rake wont be too bad, IDT...

OP
OP
HemiBabe

HemiBabe

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Hrmmm..... It already has a little rake. I have the 4.5 in the back, but i think it setteled at almost a 5... I took off my bump stops because I was bottoming out on them everywhere too. I think it has a lot to do with what road I'm on. All the way to Hunstville and back I drove the truck and never hit, but on this one road i hit at every bridge, it's real bad in a regular vehicle lol i think thats the most of it honestly...

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
did you ever put the new shocks in? did it fix your rubbing problem?

OP
OP
HemiBabe

HemiBabe

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
no i still havent put em in yet, its been 100+ everyday here and I have no shade to work in :-/

OP
OP
HemiBabe

HemiBabe

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Just put on the new Belltech Street Performance shocks up front, big difference between these and the Nitro Drop 2s... the Nitros you can compress w/ two fingers and the new ones are beefier and harder to compress.

MUCH BETTER ride, the front end doesnt dive down on the dips now. I love it!

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
Awesome...so you think that fixed the rubbing problem?

ramhunter9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
P-Star Jeep Wrangler
Good deal Kristin , I knew you would get r done

OP
OP
HemiBabe

HemiBabe

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
I'm pretty sure my hittin the fender problem has a lot to do with the road I use, even in a stock vehicle it is such a big dip and bottoms out the suspension in whatever you're in... but honestly I think it improved my chances of not hittin the fender as bad. The Nitro Drop 2's were SOFT and was lettin the engine weight dip the front end... i went over the rail road tracks in town earlier, the truck didnt nosedive NEARLY as bad.

I think the Belltech Street Performance are just beefier and definitely stronger than the Nitros, the nitros were just too soft for such a heavy motor. I easily compressed the nitros whereas the street performance ones, i couldnt compress with all my weight ontop of one shock hahah, i recommend the Belltech Street Performance ones for SURE!

ramhunter9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
P-Star Jeep Wrangler
I wonder if the old ones are best used in the mini truck scene , since they have lighter trucks ?

OP
OP
HemiBabe

HemiBabe

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
you know, that is a very good possibility!! i bet you're right!

Big Boi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
I know the Nitros did when I had them. Def, going to try and shoot for the SP's.

chefred112

Reaction score
Ram Year
2005 QC 2wd
Engine
392 Hemi
the offsets on those wheels come out too far so you'd rub on the dips regardless if you get a smaller tire... on stock 20's I'd rub every so often (275/45-20's)

newdrop.jpg