Help finding European Parts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hawkdriver

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Hey guys I am new here... first post lol. I am looking for stock european headlights and tail lights. I am trying to convert my truck to keep it in germany. I know they are exporting them to here but when i talked to a couple of dealerships in the states they said they could not look at european parts. Any help would greatly be appreciated. I would love to keep it, although gas prices are costly but want to keep it around. Thanks again.

xtremewlr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
What is the difference on the euro lights vs the US market lights? Do you have a pic of what you are looking for?

charonblk07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
F1-A forged 349ci
European tail lights must have a separate amber turn signal on the rear IIRC. A lot of people I know over there have converted the back up light to an amber bulb and that was sufficient for the inspection. I don't know of any restrictions on the head lamps though.

xb1230

Hobby Mechanic
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
I'd lookup a european dealership and give them a shout to see if they can help or even guide you in the right direction to get your truck compliant in the easiest fashion possible.

JPT

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Big Horn
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I dont know off had, but as long as the brake lights are different than the indicators (some cars us the same), all you have to do is find a housing with clear indicators, and put in amber blubs, but the brake lights housing part have to be red, and reverse lights housing clear.

Euro headlights have a different light pattern than here. I'm not sure they are required, oh, and I believe you have to have amber lights visible from the side (and they must reflect amber, not clear).

OP
OP
H

hawkdriver

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Yeah unfortunately no pictures, heard about the headlights, and tail lights i know of a couple of work arounds for the tail lights, although not stylish it works. The main part is that even though parts like lights and rims are dot certified does not mean they are european certified without a european part number on them. Doesn't mean you can't have them just have to shell out more money for them to test them and give you the paperwork saying they are road worthy. In Germany I have heard several stories about being pulled over for tint on front windows, without the paper from the inspection (TUV) they fine you and make you peel it off right there.

From what I know they have dodge dealers spread out over Germany but they do not operate like a dealer would in the states. I was trying to find out part numbers to possibly find in the US without paying the added tax on the european parts. Another great thing about being over seas lol.

Thanks for the help you guys, i see a guy on friday to see about what will need done on it and decide if it is worth it over here or not.