Ram 1500 rear fender well undercoating question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dss56

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Had my 2004 dodge ram 1500 in my driveway sanding out the bubbles on the rust areas.
I removed both my rear tail lights and look inside the wells from there.

What is the best way to try and get some undercoating in there I tried a can but would not reach in there.

Would a coating of marvel mystery oil sprayed inside the well from the tail light removal area. I think I found a spray bottle that is adjustable and will spray a stream to reach the area.

I would also try fluid film or some other oil to coat the inside wells with an oil coat. Problem is what could be used to get in there about 4 feet in.
I tried a garden chemical pressure tank with a wand but it sprays a mist I need something that will spray a stream to reach the 4 feet in.

Any suggestions

Core-Lokt

Reaction score
Ram Year
2005 Ram 2500 4X4 ST
Engine
5.7L
I guess if you're willing to re-apply an oil regularly, it'd work. Each application would initially leak a lot, though.

IDK what the herbicide sprayer nozzle is like, but does it unscrew? Maybe you could get another nozzle and plug some of the orifices with JB weld to limit flow through only one hole? I wonder if one of the battery-powered water guns would work for this purpose.

usaf2006

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I've read that guys coat their vehicles with wd40 to prevent rust too. They got those fancy spray nozzles on them that might reach. And its probably cheaper.