Rust on the door

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LS5DodgeRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L v8
So I have had my truck for a couple of years, and it has been through some bad moments although not horribly bad. I got all my speakers replaced with larger speakers, right after I just got fresh tint on the windows. this was about 2 years ago. The idiots at the shop didn't put the spacers on the speakers when they should have, which resulted in my entire window falling into the door panel and completely off the tracks. this screwed up my tint (ill get fixed eventually), and then I went back to the shop. they put the window back in the tracks, but again left the spacers out (this is why i do not like taking my truck to shops). I put the spacers in myself and tightened all the window frame bolts and it hasn't happen since.

Then the same summer I got this work done, my sister crashed my truck with minimal damage. All I had to do was replace the bumper, grill, and the hood which I went with the srt-10. now, my passenger side door has rust on it, throught the door as well :( the rust started where the side impact bar inside the door is welded to the door. this leads me to believe that the crash and the knocking of the window inside the door, has caused the weld to break at that point.

now that the long background is done... my question is that if any has had anything similar to this problem.... How much do you think it would cost to repair this, and how should I go about doing so? should I buy a whole new door? or just cut around the rust and reweld the door with a new piece of metal and paint and blend the door?

HemiBabe

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
do you have any pictures of it?

OP
OP
LS5DodgeRam

LS5DodgeRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L v8
I can get them tomorrow, from the inside I wont be able to for a while I don't feel like taking apart the door, but I will from the outside

OP
OP
LS5DodgeRam

LS5DodgeRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L v8
got the pictures, it is not a huge spot but annoying enough for me to want to fix it

Attachments

• IMAG0328.jpg
    IMAG0328.jpg
    106.1 KB · Views: 48
  • IMAG0329.jpg
    IMAG0329.jpg
    114.7 KB · Views: 65

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
Take off your door skin and see if it happened because of long term leak in window. If it's not that then it's is an easy fix, sand it away and repaint, Maaco would do that for 300 if it doesn't need welding. Don't laugh, Maaco has done great work for me. And it was a great paint match too.

One other option would be sand it all away and consider a stripe all the way down the truck. Make that baby two tone. Instead of just a boring fix take the opportunity to upgrade your look.

image_6411m.jpg

Last edited:

HemiBabe

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Yeah it doesn't look too bad, but it'd be a good idea to tackle it before it gets any worse :D