Door Panel Insert Swap ('05 SLT)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

markmdz

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I recently purchased a 2005 SLT and it has the plain-jane door panels. No sooner did I buy the truck and another popped up for sale with the nicer interior (power seats, leather, etc) which also has nice brushed aluminum look door panel inserts on the upper half.

Is anyone parting out a truck that has these inserts? Has anyone tried to simply swap the insert on the panel rather than the whole panel?

Also, I haven't had the truck long enough to really dig into it, but I assume although I don't have power seats, the plug is right under the seat so I can buy a complete set of leather power seats from an '03-'05 and just swap them in. Is this correct?

mrfyram1500

2024 1500 Laramie
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I had an '08 that I swapped the manual for power (driver only was power). Plugged in and worked right away. The only issue I've heard is with seat belt mount location. My '08 had the seat belt mounted to the seat. Some seats don't have a mount to the seat. I think it is mounted to the floor. The difference is the seat style. Plastic trim seats vs. fabric flap. Not sure if it is the same prior to the '06 '07 '08 '09 3rd gen.

HemiLonestar

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I recently purchased a 2005 SLT and it has the plain-jane door panels. No sooner did I buy the truck and another popped up for sale with the nicer interior (power seats, leather, etc) which also has nice brushed aluminum look door panel inserts on the upper half.

Is anyone parting out a truck that has these inserts? Has anyone tried to simply swap the insert on the panel rather than the whole panel?

Also, I haven't had the truck long enough to really dig into it, but I assume although I don't have power seats, the plug is right under the seat so I can buy a complete set of leather power seats from an '03-'05 and just swap them in. Is this correct?

I ended up getting a good deal on a set SRT door panels so I just went with those (leaving me with a very good set of stock panels for a few years now, anyone need some?). Don't mind the mess, it's the only shot of the panels I have and I was doing a fit test on a 4th gen console.

IMAG0581_zps8oskdlcu.jpg~original

My experience there is a plug under the driver's side only that just needs to be enabled with a relay in the fuse box. May have to run wires to the passenger side but everything else should be plug and play. If not, there are a slew of Ram service manuals on here you can get with the wiring diagrams to match the connector pins if necessary.